Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

anyone cut and thread there factory trac bar?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  01powerstrokin 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ever cut and threaded the factory trac bar? Using a adjustable sleeve for adjustment exactly the same as the zone trac bar and many other companies do.

If so, what size die did you use? I know there will be a RH/LH thread on either end for the adjustable sleeve to work. you can get adjsutable sleeves at any parts house.

so if anyone has done this and can remember any sizes for the die's i need to use.

If I can't figure out what size to get. I plan on installing the leveling kit with the trac bar unbolted. measure the new center bolt to center bolt lenth and cut and sleeve the factory trac bar.

any input would be appreciated, thanks

#2 ·
I like your thinking but
I imagine the problem would be turning it down on a lathe first to get a good surface to thread and the proper OD to start a die on ? I know my 06 would be a problem it has a bend in it ,
that and the LH/RH Dies would probably put you in the new adjustable track bar $ range
unless you were going to do more than one ,, but with the liability you really wouldn't want to sell them or even do one for a buddy

on a side note I added 2.5 inches to my 6 inch lift and still didn't need a track bar adjustment not sure you will need anything with just a leveling kit on your leaf sprung truck ??

#3 ·
Ok, thanks. I have access to all the tools. I guess I'll unbolt the track bar and take measurements and go from there. I may just cut and weld a sleeve on my bar

#7 ·
ok Sounds good! I ended up cutting and sleeving it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.