Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Eliminating rear blocks.. Skyjacker or pro comp?

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  livnlrn 
#1 ·
I have a 6" lift currently with 4" lift block and factory 2" block stacked with stock spring.

I'm about to order some 6" lift springs, but should I order pro comp or skyjacker?

I'm only buying new springs because after years of lift being on here, the springs are bent. I don't want to ruin my ride quality, so should I just get another set of stock springs keep the blocks and just add traction bars?

Help!

#2 ·
I'm not sure how much those leafs run but you might want to consider the custom Deavers from Carli. They would replace your leafs and the 4" block and come with the correct bumpstop extensions. You would re-use the factory 2" block to retain the bumps stop contact. They do a great job of controlling wheel hop and ride alot better than all others.

#6 ·
Get stock springs from junkyard or get procomps or skyjacker springs. Whatever floats your boat. You can get rid of your blocks and get a set of one up Offroad traction blocks. They incorporate a block with the traction bar. Still has bumps tops and you can even incorporate an air bag if you like. You can pretty much get whatever height you need of block depending on the leaf spring you choose.

#11 ·
I have procomp springs & the truck rides no different than it did stock. I like them. I have had the Deaver springs on another truck & they are good springs also. Its what ever u like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.