Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2002 8'' Rear Drive shaft Adj?

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Shwizzle 
#1 ·
hey guys got a 2002 f350 has a 6inch lift looking to bump it up to 8'' i see that in the pro comp kit it comes with a drop bracket for the rear drive shaft at the carrier bearing however mine is a 1 piece drive shaft will i have to get my shaft lengthened? if so by how much? anyone who has done this please let me kno thanx tony

#6 ·
when i ran a 8", i had to lengthen my front driveshaft about 2", otherwise it would come apart.

as for the rear, i didn't have traction bars, but i dropped my rear driveshaft twice, just casual thru town cruising, hit a speed bump and the shaft came apart. Neither times was it repairable, had to buy a new one plus a new fuel tank haha.

FWIW, i'd say spend the extra cash and get one made. my front one cost me around $100 to lengthen and the rear was like $400.

#8 ·
I put the spacer in my front shaft & never had any trouble at all. That saying, I never ever went off road with it. If u go off road, you will need a new front shaft. I had a single shaft made for the rear to get rid off vibrations.

#11 ·
driveshaftsuperstore.com found this site they make custom joints for differ lift applications as well as drive shafts and mods so you can check them out think im gonna run the spacer in the front for a lil while then get a custom joint up front to match and prob do the same in the rear dont go 4x4 or offroading only 4x4 in snow which we havent seen any this year :( need some plow money

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.