Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

DI transmission talk

2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  OSCS 
#1 ·
David is located about 10 miles from my house so it's makes sense to go with one of his transmissions but id like to get some feedback from people who have experience with his drivetrain.

I really like the BTS for the "lifetime" warranty but $450 to get a tranny there and back would suck incase something goes wrong.. Prob won't but just in case. Anybody have any other reasons I should go with DI besides the fact that they are very close?

#3 ·
Pink fruity drinks?? Not sure that's the kind of man I want building my trans lol! Any idea on his warranty?

#5 ·
Mr Lott is a cool dude, LOL. I had a problem with a Regulator, and he went out of his way to get me the part I needed. I would say he stands behind his transmissions just as well as Brian does.

Dan

#7 ·
What tranny did danny run?
He had a lott of di stuff.

Plenty of bts trannys break, all the ones i saw got fixed, now who paid the shipping idk

#8 ·
If your down the road then its a no brainer. Go have a chat with Dave.

#10 ·
BTS requests that you pay shipping If something breaks but the repair is free. I'm with junkie warranty is everything to me. I need tranny that will hold 500hp now and 600 later. This thing will see heavy abuse on and off the track. I just want to make sure David's is suited for high HP instead Of heavy towing as I tow nothing. David and Brian's Trannys are the exact same price so it's going to come down to warranty for me. We all know where BTS stands so unless DI can match that, well...

I'm gonna poke my head in this weekend and see what mr. Lott says about it

#11 ·
I sent you a message if you want to talk about transmissions. I have run my tranny hard towing and running wide open everywhere I go. David will stand behind his work and I know that Garret was running 500 rwhp in his old 7.3 that had a DI transmission in it. I went with DI cause like you said if there is a problem you csn have the work done in town instead of sending it out.

#12 ·
Yeah I got your PM's I appreciate the info. Forgot to respond, thanks. I will chat with him and share my goals and see what he says. I've spent good money at his shop so I'm sure that will help. Besides for a few mishaps it's been a good experience. I just need to familiarize my self a bit more before walking into his shop, his patience for noobs isnt very high.

#14 ·
i have a trans from david..only had one issue. something broke and the TC stayed locked which kept me from building boost off the line. took it to david not sure what the issue was. he rode with me around the block and knew right away. fixed it that week..soon as the part came in. forgive my vagueness, but i am trans stoopid. anyway, david stands behind his work and i would definitely recomend him! BTW..his warranty is 2 years, unlimited miles.. but he says if there is a problem he will do what he can. david doesnt want unhappy customers..lol

#19 ·
This is a much better representation of what I really meant. Like I said when you've been doing it as long as him I'm sure it gets frustrating. This thread has been great. Alot of vets have chimed in and I have got a TON of info regarding his trans and how to understand him lol not to mention some valve train schooling (thanks again junkie you've helped out more than you realize) it's threads like this that make me proud the put up :psnb:

#16 ·
FWIW, I have spent quite a few pennies at David's shop and will be back for transmission work the next time I'm in Houston.
I'm a complete noob with diesels and haven't really noticed David having an issue with it. He has sounded a little annoyed when I ask him the same questions over and over until he explains it in a way I understand. I put that down to him trying to run a business(it's not a real big shop, which I like) and time is money. I have a hard time faulting him for that.

#17 ·
David has his own way of hearing your questions. He also has his own way of giving advice. It took me a few phonecalls with him to understand this..lol. He def knows his stuff so just be patient. If you dont get the answer you need..ask in a different way..lol. He wont steer you wrong

#20 ·
And I'm trying my hardest to not be a noob lol. I'd live to swing up there with you tommorow but I will be balls deep under my hood installing all of this chit..

Studs
Pushrods
Springd
Shimms
Injectors
RR
Hpop
Irates s366 kit..

And tearin down the whole engine to do so.. :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.