Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Today is a good day...a very good day.

2K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Joshbaker 
#1 ·
My father is a Vietnam Veteran, over the last 2 years I have financially supported him, due to his health, financial hardship, and the economy, he lost everything....the house, truck,...everything..

Today,..I am happy to say,...that after almost a year of my father living with me, and more military paperwork than I care to talk about...

.....MY FATHER IS NOW MY LEGAL MILITARY DEPENDENT!!!

Health care for Vietnam Veterans is deplorable....the VA hospitals shouldn't tell Vietnam Veterans "we are sorry that you are sick,...but the earliest appointment we can get you is in 3 months"

Now that my dad is my dependent....he will have the health care he SHOULD have had all along...

....I gotta take dad to go get his dependent I.D tomorrow......WHOOOOOHOOOO!

#2 ·
Nice...got to feel good to beable to help out your father like that.....

#3 ·
Glad to hear that some still take care of their parents when "they" need it, Make sure and tell your dad THANK YOU for his service and yours from me and my family:bowfast:

Roy

#6 ·
Thank you ...sincerely....it has been a long hard fight...and I finally got it...huge weight lifted off of me.

He fought for his country, and many spit on him when he returned....and years later when he needed help...they gave him the "run-around"....I'm proud to say that I fought for him to get him what he deserves.

#7 ·
Give him my thanks too. Those men didnt get the respect they deserved. Personally my uncle goes to the va being and iraq war vet got some disease thats uncurable from a bug that is like a particle. They told him he would just die if it resurfaced. I wouldnt take my dog there after that. But what is your dad sick from stuff like agent orange, or battle wounds?

#11 ·
Tank Congracts getting that accomplished. Was it long and hard to get done after getting all of the paper work. I am also in The military. and am going to be trying to get my mom as a dependant. She's not a vet. but she can't work and has had 3 strokes now and Diabetes. Congrats again.

#15 ·
update on my pop..

...over the last year he has deteriorated, can barely walk, lost 40lbs, and wails in bed all day from the pain...probably hasn't gotten more than 3 hours of sleep.straight, in almost a year

..some days I wished he would just die, in his sleep, so he wouldn't have this suffering anymore...and it killed me that there is nothing I can do to help him..

...the medicine has taxed his liver and kidneys pretty bad, ...and the alcoholism throughout his life probably didn't help either...so pain medication has been making him worse...

..there are days when I have to carry him to the bathroom, he's only 64 year old..

....last night I had enough of watching my father crying from the pain...I got him some " All natural medicine"....this medicine is also known to help with glaucoma..

....today he was walking around like he was 40 years old...and said he was nearly pain free...from only a couple "doses" of the medicine?....WOW!..

..I don't care about the legal ramifications....my dad can walk now..and hopefully he gets the "munchies" and gains back some weight....he doesn't look good at 119lbs...I can only hope...

#17 ·
Sure it wasn't a giggle?

Seriously though, glad he seems to feel better. Hope it continues.

#19 ·
KICK A$$ Tank, glad to hear man. My father was with the 101st Airborne during that time frame. He has struggled with alot of the things he had to endure over there, as have most of the vets from that time frame. He struggled even more with my brothers and me taking the same routes with the military. We all deal with the rigors of war and doing the countries work over seas. I thank God that my dad has been there as well as my brothers to lean on when the time has come for me to vent or actually be able to talk about them. To your father let him know that he has this particular "Squid's" thanks and is sorry he and so many others didnt get the welcome home they had deserved. IMHO I wouldnt care or give two squirts of piss to the legal ramnifications involved with the MEDICINE that has given him some wind back into his sails. We can never add years to life my friend but can damn sure add some life to the years we have remaining. You should be given a massive pat on the back for helping him out. Bravo Zulu and Job Well Done!!!

#21 ·
Last name is Orahood, not sure the years my old man was in country though. My brothers were all Marines, 110th mountain, MARSOC, and 1st Recon, I am US NAVY, Explosive Ordnance Disposal untill 2004, Injured in the line of Duty and returned to source rating Aviation Ordnance. Have been recruiting Challenge program canidates since Jan 2012.

**Tank keep the purple sticky punch flowing if it is doing the trick.**

#23 ·
..normal medicine was hurting his kidneys and liver..so the kept changing his medicine, but nothing was helping...

..I'm home now..and he's a totally different person,..happier, walking around by himself(no cane)...no whimpering as he moves...

...I can't tell you how good I feel FOR him...it really hurts seeing your parents suffer....

...I ordered a "quarter pounder with cheese"...it should last him awhile..

#26 ·
Great news for your Dad.......love him and cherish him as long as you can......and screw our F-uppped government for denying people "medicine" that can help so very much.

#27 ·
tank,
glad to hear your dad is feeling better. my dad was in nam 67-68.
those guys got treated so bad after the war. i can remember after my dad got out of the military in the early 80's....i saw him filling out job apps and one of the questions on it was: "are you a Vietnam era veteran"
dad dealt with the affects of the orange till he died in 02. he was only 59.
the government has always tried to deny the orange, and so many good men have died because of it. unforgivable. losing my dad hurts just as much to day as it did ten years ago...enjoy every minute with your dad. makes my day to know he's feeling better!

#28 ·
glad to hear he is doing better. and yall have fun in the man cave. haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.