Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

R.G. LeTourneau

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Binderpower 
#1 ·
This guy built some awesome stuff and took on some awesome jobs. Thought you might like to see this video of one of his machines.

#2 ·
Thats MEAN!

#4 ·
he built some really insane stuff, and a pretty good guy all around too. One of the very few books I have read in my lifetime was his autobiography, great story of entrepreneurial spirit and in a call trade too.

#5 ·
I had a neighbor once who met him and he gave me the book you are talking about to read. He lived on 10% of what he made and the rest went to his ministries. He built two faith based schools in GA and TX as well as missions in South America.

If you like the videos, go to Youtube and search for "tournadude". I believe he is R.G.'s son and he is taking the old 8mm films and converting them to videos.

#6 ·
I just did a little reading on him and what an amazing guy and machines. Reminds me of a local guy that one of my uncles operators worked for. Owned an excavating business and was rumored to be the first to bring an hydrolic excavator to the area. Was an inovator in the field. He invented the rerounder and became a self made millionare. He still went to the construction site till he came down with a bad case of altimers and was one of the first to the shop and last to leave. Died in his ninetys in about 2005. These self made millionare entrepeneuors amaze me and seem to be less and less of them because of startup cost and big business.

#11 ·
You said a mouthful! Sad but so damn true. We had a few around my area. The guy would wake up in the middle of the night and go to his shop and work around the clock just to get it all on paper before he forgot. Then he would start building.

Startup cost are a killer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.