Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

06 dodge with smarty beat my truck?

5K views 53 replies 24 participants last post by  Silverback 
#1 ·
I hate getting beat. I ran him from a 40 roll or so we stayed together for long time but in the end I really lost. So with my mods in my signature I also got 6.4 banjos watermeth kit and powermax commming. What kind of mods would you guys do with a $3000 limit ?

#3 ·
idk man, smartys are pretty badass on cr. it should have still been close

#4 ·
he more than likely has more than just a smarty.... is your truck not running right or something?

#5 ·
I personally would for go the water meth and banjos and do a RR kit. I also would not do a powermax (since 190/100s are WAY to much fuel for that thing IMO) but instead do a 62mm non-VGT turbo so you can still tow. It will spool just as fast and will out flow the powermax or if you dont really tow, get a 64mm non-VGT turbo. You can get a complete bolt on kit from rcd for $2000-2250 and I am sure there are probably even cheaper options. JMOs.

#6 ·
Should have raced him from a stop, and launched hard in 4hi (unless your a 2wd i didnt see in the sig). When i had 205's and stock turbo a 6.7 (with a smarty, intake, exhaust) pulled on me on the top end but if i launched i had him. IF his tranny is stock it probably wont hold up... Race him a few times LOL

#7 ·
He could be running only a smarty if he knows people, they have some tunes that will put them over 500hp 1100tq, my buddy put that down at 4500' on 35" tires.

#8 ·
I raced a 06 the other night which I know has stuff done to it im not sure to what extent. I put extreme street back on :doh: and he pulled a little bit on me from a roll but if i put extreme race back on no way he pulls off like that, keep in mind my truck has 200,000 miles on everything so it might be a little tired but Im only running a tune and muffler delete. Sure it had just a smarty?

#9 ·
It had a smarty 4" exhaust abd intake thats it. We never lined up he just stomped it behind me abd as soon as he passed me I floored it and I cought up. I wonder if extreme race is faster tgan my srl.

#14 ·
Stock with bat

#15 ·
I don't see many trans upgrades in your sig, I think a strong trans might make the differance you need. I have a 08 350 with a 6.4 stock trans and if I go to the big tune my truck is slower than the 275 tune, my stock 5R will soon soon rest in pieces.
:evil:evil

#18 ·
Ill be driving on x race for now on. Cause I hate getting beat expecially when some cummins flys by me thinking he won.

#21 ·
:whs:

#22 ·
well im saving up guys moneys commin in just got bills too so i think water meth kits going in soon and ill save up for a 64mm non vgt.......what do you guys recomend for my set up? i really dont want to pay over $2500 for a turbo.

#24 ·
I herd its got got alot of lag? Why would you go with that if you dont mind me asking?

#27 ·
Ok I looked at an rcd s300 64mm non vgt its running $2250....i also seen a 66mm for $200 more....would that be too laggy or too much air...what do you guys think? Plus about this diverter valve? Dont know what thats for? Whats the advantage of it

#29 ·
Was this dodge 4x4 or 4x2? You have to remember those trucks are much lighter then ours and make more power tuner for tuner. I've got two buddies with 2wds, one a 6.7 and the other is a 5.9 both stock with programmers and they pull on me up top(90mph+) From a dig its a different story

Also if you want to run from a roll a non vgt is the only way to go, vgt chargers just don't have the top end you need. I've been strongly considering switching from my ssx to a 62/70 myself..

#30 ·
The dodge was a 4x4 lifted with 35" auto

#42 ·
You should try out the Super Panty Dropper from Chris at Truck Source Diesel. I know different trucks react differently but his tune was by far the fastest tune that I ran on my truck. I ran quite a few too. SRL, SRL+ Extreme, IDP, RCD. Chris's super panties was insane compared. Pulled super hard

#32 ·
a couple douches in town have been wanting to run... one has a 07 5.9 cr with an air dog, exhaust, intake and smarty manual. the other has an 08 duramax with all the emissions deletes an exhaust, and an edge cts with edge tuning. They are two brothers and they claim the duramax is nasty fast.... i cant afford losing, my mods are in my sig

#47 ·
run a hot tune against the dodge and dont mess with the duramax.. only reason I would mess with the dodge is because its a manual

#33 ·
Well I dont see any injector or turbo upgrades, so I am going suggest foregoing it until you do just to be safe. JMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.