Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How big can I go

3K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  scparrish 
#1 ·
Well I want to know how big of injectors and how big of turbo I can get on stock internals? I have a full banks six gun iq kit with everything, a bullet proof diesel oil cooler and egr a coolent filter, getting arp studs, oil bypass filtration kit. Ats torque converter air dog2, I want to make make as much power as I can but I dont want to blow her up...so whats the max safe point? Did I mention I wanna roll coal

#4 ·
Not to mention, I am not into helping enable others to be able to go out and act like a jack ass and add insult to injury with the public and diesel owners. I'll just let you figure it out on your own and break whatever you want to in the process. Good luck.:pointlaugh::psnb::gun:

#5 ·
Well, he's got a banks 6 gun, I think that's as far as you can push a 6.0, I saw a guy dunno 867.34567 wish just a banks 6 gun and a intake elbow.... LOL
Good luck with your build and your coal rolling

#8 ·
Good luck digging yourself outta this hole:doh:

#10 ·
I would say you could run an S475 with Trusted Performance new double pumper 225s. Your going to need another airdog2 though and a regulator at each end of each head. That should get you real close the the max safe point, its the setup I have and you should see the smoke I can blow.

#12 ·
Damn didnt know id hurt so many feelings saying rolling coal lol....so pretty much what ur saying is the banks iq and sixgun is a $1000 waste great.... I was looking around 500 550 hp....does the powermax add much? I was looking at 190cc or maybe a little bit bigger?

#15 ·
:whs: YES get 190s with stock sized nozzles and a powermax, then you'll be guaranteed to be at 550RWHP minimum and you'll be able to tow 16K with your banks on its highest setting. Think of it as sled pulling almost. You're sure to "Roll Coal" with that.

#17 ·
He's new here, and he seems to have taken the "razzing" quite well, why not try to help him out now?

To properly tune for the larger injectors and turbo (and to save your trans life), you will need to get rid of the Banks stuff and go with an SCT with custom tunes.

190's and a powermax seems to be a decent option. If you don't plan on ever going bigger, I'd step the injector size down a bit since to clean up 190's with a powermax fuel will be pulled out of the tunes. 155's or 175's would be better.

For 500-550rwhp, you're better off going with 190's and a 62 non VGT turbo.

#19 ·
He's new here, and he seems to have taken the "razzing" quite well, why not try to help him out now?
Ok I guess you are right.

190's and a powermax seems to be a decent option. If you don't plan on ever going bigger, I'd step the injector size down a bit since to clean up 190's with a powermax fuel will be pulled out of the tunes. 155's or 175's would be better.
:whs:

For 500-550rwhp, you're better off going with 190's and a 62 non VGT turbo.
This is what I recommend with supporting mods.

#18 ·
yea i am not one of those guys that are going to drive around smoking out people and putting it on youtube even though the do you smoke vid is funny, just like to rip down the dragstrip in a fullsize truck and beat cars plus driving around on base smoking out people might get me in some problums haha thanks for the help guys and ahh a little constructive critisisem(how ever its spelt) never hurts lol

#21 ·
Okay this got interesting, the dealership gave me $3600 to fix the head gaskets :/ and they put new 37" tires. so ima try to knock out what I need to while they are in there what would y'all do? I don't want to spend more that 5k right now....I am also going to put in a new oil pump just for piece of mind

#22 ·
Also can't I put custom tunes on the banks iq dashboard pc? Just wondering

#23 ·
No only with an SCT

#24 ·
Definatley get yourself the sct and custom tunes. Trash that banks. That things blows..... Ur transmission to pieces... Bahahaha

#25 ·
What if my buddy uses his to program my transmission.?

#29 ·
Well I want the best one then how much is it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.