Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

airdogII filter chage

2K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  windrunner408 
#1 ·
how often do you change the filters with this set up?

#2 ·
I would base that off of pressure drop

#3 ·
I do mine every 15k miles.

#4 ·
At idle im getting about 62 is that good?

#7 ·
How about someone explain the pressure drop thing for this guy?? Are you referring to the difference in pressure between the pump's suction and discharge?? Are you referring to the fuel pressure you are reading (say when the vehicle is at temp, because we all know fuel pressure will drop slightly as it heats up) when the filters are brand new and then after driving for a while the pressure isnt as high as it was before so you change the filters?? A little detail here would be nice.

#8 ·
Im just looking for a good milage mark to change the filters......just like everyone else does the filter every 5000 miles or two oil changes. Someone just give me an estimate number?

#9 ·
I was saying if your holding 60 psi at wot on new filters then start to notice it drop to 50 psi at wot then they might be restricted.

#10 ·
change them at 40k miles.... that work for you? Seriously, YOU really need to plan YOUR OWN maintenance schedule for YOUR truck, not what we think.

I will however make a suggestion and replace the AD2 filters every 10k MAX, just because its "2 micron" doesnt mean it will last forever.. dont forget the lower the micron the more it catches the dirtier it gets.

#11 ·
Well that makes sense.

I would definitely monitor my fuel pressure and see how they were doing with the oem change interval, if not sooner possibly.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I see both sides here and wouldnt go solely on miles alone but would look at what your pressure is doing. I would submit to you that probably most guys change theirs in accordance with the oem filters. JMO.

#15 ·
right now all i got to monitor my pressure is a pressure gauge on top of my billet fuel filter cap.

#16 ·
That will work.

#18 ·
If I wanted to check my pressure at wot how would I do it with just the pressure gauge on top of my filter cap?

#21 ·
Or hook up a gauge to the test port on the engine mounted OEM filter housing.

#19 ·
Yes.

It seems I recall reading in the AD installation manual to fill filters with fuel before installing. I could be wrong though.

#20 ·
Still have my install instructions and it says to fill the pre-filter but says nothing about the second filter.

#22 ·
Have someone watch the gauge and rev up wot and see what it drops to? Would that give me a true reading

#23 ·
You should install a in-cab gauge as a fuel pressure gauge is an important thing to have IMO. Then check what you get at WOT under load.

#24 ·
Ill look into running a tee and getting an inside gauge soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.