Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

BTS question

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  pilot4life 
#1 ·
I bought a BTS transmission 2 years back from Brian and since then I have put 15,000 miles on it. Question I am having is that I am hearing an almost hum or whine in both forward, neutral and reverse gears when I am under slight throttle. Pump maybe? Also it was 19 degrees tonight and the transmission temp was at 120 degrees within 10 mins of driving. Do these sounds and that temp sound right? I will be calling Brian on Monday to ask him as well but thought I might get the input of other owners.

#2 ·
That temp. is high in 10 min. Do you have a 6.0 cooler? Even without it, I think that is high for only 10min. of driving.

#3 ·
are you sure the whine aint in the p/s pump? correct fluid level in trans? does truck still have cross over in the feed lines?

#4 ·
Yes it has a 6.0 cooler. I am sure the noise is from the tranny as I can make it make that sound by simply taking it in and out of reverse. When it is in reverse it makes the whining sound.

#9 ·
I'd call and HOLD. I'm allergic to voicemail.

#7 ·
Can't help you find it but it allows the tranny to warm up before sending the fluid up to the cooler. It may be stuck shut.

#13 ·
So what closes it? Pressure or temp.

#16 ·
What plugged it? Debris from the trans?

#19 ·
He told me when I had my tranny replaced that he doesn't recommend an external filter. Said if it works right you don't need one. Never had the chance to check but I figured with as much as it sat and with winter I probably had some water condensate and freeze up the filter. Took it off and all is well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.