Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

air down question

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  westcoast 
#1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if its possible to air down my 35x12.5 toyos on my 20x12 XD diesels without popping the bead. Im planning on going to Pismo dunes in a couple of weeks and plan on just crusing around on the dunes just a little but mostly we will be rideing quads.

#2 ·
We air down my buddies to around 10 psi at Silver Lake sand dunes in Michigan and he's got 20's. His trucks only a 1/2 ton though. But he is running stock tires. We hammered the s#!t out of his truck and never had a problem with rolling the tires off the bead or damaging the tires or rims. You should be fine with the extra meat you're running. I would start at 18 psi and go from there.

#3 ·
I think it will be fine just don't go too low. Maybe 15 or 20 psi. I have some 20x14's sitting in my garage that I plan on mounting on 33x12.50's and I'm afraid to air those down at all lol. But I think on a 20x12 you should be ok

#4 ·
I ran my 37 13.50 20's at 15 psi 157 miles across the Mojave Desert last year with no problems.

#5 ·
Depends on how you are going to drive the truck. If it is going to just be used to pull on and off the beach then you can go lower. If you are going to be running the truck in the dunes you will want more.
When I had Toyos Muds in 35's I would air the front down to around 15 and the back to 10-12 with no weight in the back and it did fine. If you have weight in the back then you will want more.

#7 ·
thanks guys Ill def try 20psi since I will be towing a small trailer with 4 quads and I do plan on going up and down the dunes a little and going down the sand highway I'll only see speeds up to about 30-35 like a said just crusieing up and down the dunes. Any real stuff we will be doing it on the quads. My main concern is poping the bead since I have 12.5 wide tires on 20x12 wheels

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.