Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

billet cap for fuel pressure gauge

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Betaracer 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I know theres gotta be info on this somwhere but even google isn't helping me with it. So going to finally be putting in some gauges and going to do the fuel pressure guage out of the already tapped billet cap. Anyone had any problems doing this as opposed to the test port? I have heard rumblings it screws your gauge up? Just rumours or truth? Thanks everyone

#7 ·
I have an Edge universal pressure sensor plumped into a Nuc Motorsports billet aluminum fuel filter cap.
It works great so far.

#8 ·
I have the same gauge installed in my billet cap and have gone through 2 senders

after talkin to their "tech service" it was reccommended to mount the sender against the firewall remotely, supposedly the senders dont like vibration, havent tried it yet myself but i just wanted to warn you

#9 ·
This is what i got for the fuel pressure gauge, it goes into the test port, this is a cool set up gets the sender away from the heat and viberation of the motor.

6.0L Fuel Pressure Adapter
2 stroker

#11 ·
I have also heard that you should moount the sender away from vibrations, so if I get the remote mounting hose would it be better to just run it off the test port? Is it any more accurate then the top of the cap? for $50 I can get a length of stainless braid and make one my self too. Thanks for the info everyone.

Do the oil pressure senders have the same problems? Should it be remote mounted also? Also want to go into the cap for this.

#12 ·
the oil pressure senders arent as bad as the fuel senders but i have gone through 2, it just took longer than the fuel sender to go out. to play it safe id remote mount both of them, thats what im doing here soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.