7.3 loss of power - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 7.3L Power Stroke - Aftermarket & Performance
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:38 AM
dlonnee
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

7.3 loss of power

I know I should check into some stuff before i post but thought you guys could throw me a few ideas. I used to work out of town so drove my truck only a few times a month and evEry now and again my fiance would drive it well I came home and could feel a big power loss. Changed fuel filter, blew out air cleaner and still low on power and not that I care but it smokes less if that helps you out. I have stage 1 injectors exhaust intake and still have the quick spool turbo! I pull normal boost about 25 wot but it just doesn't go like it used to I raced my buddy tonight in his 04 stock 6l and had a hard time staying with him I'm thinking fuel or oil (hpop)????? Any help would be great thanks
Reply With Quote Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 04:21 PM
HD Rider
Paul
Member's Gallery

Re: 7.3 loss of power

In any diesel that sits a lot, algea can grow in the fuel tank and clog the screens in the tank. Have you done the intank mods?
Old 12-24-2011, 05:34 PM
countryboyrob
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

Get a good scanner on it first to see what codes if any, find out what Hpo psi is at while driving and the duty cycle. Secondly who's injectors and who's tuning do you have?

Having a signature on here does help.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:07 PM
FreddieZ
Freddie
Member's Gallery

Mine did the same thing, even with the less black smoke almost none at all. Had a buddy of my put it on his scanner and found 2 bad injectors. Don't know how old your injectors are, just a suggestion.
K&N high flow air intake

If it ain't broke don't fix it, just stroke it.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:30 PM
dlonnee
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

they are rosewood injectors and there only about 6 months old
Old 12-31-2011, 06:37 PM
TrailerHauler
Custom Trailer Sales
Member's Gallery

Check your fuel pressure if the truck sat a lot and didn't get fresh fuel very often.

1999.5 F350 PSD S/C 6spd Dually

R.I.P. Will Iott - "This ain't no practice run"

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 73
1997 stroker, 2dedge, 86lxnotch, abbottfarms, adrenalinejunky81, Barnbuilder, bigpete73, Binder man, Blown284, Brian918, cadd, CHevDog1, clp13294, cobrabc1993, Cooper00, Corey Hudson, czangli7, dan_k, diesel farmer, dirtboy25, dlonnee, DocBar, Donnief, duner405, Fl Stroker, FreddieZ, hackertheslacker, HD Rider, houtxfdcapt, hwhizbang, hyacinth, jamisgood, jamponyexpress, Jordy53, kilapapipa, kolb, lincolnlocker, longbowhntr, mbbling, michael521, Morningstar908, MotionmanJCM, mtgrease, mttrucker, Mudwizer, Newman, nitroteam, Nodge, parnellz, powerstrokefarmboy, PowerstrokeJunkie, PowerstrokeMudder82, raptor, redmist, RickPalmore, Ron's power stroke, sho669, Skintback, southmike, sstec, steinerr, stevedrums, strokepower, stroker_1999, toracm, TrailerHauler, TXsmoker, vanderchevy18, wayne1964, Wickky, Wildbill56, zaairman