Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

8" Lift Need help with pitman arm and trac bar please

710 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Zmann 
#1 ·
Still going around the truck I got. Noticed now how they ghetto built the front end. So I have figured out it has a 8" lift from skyjacker I believe. However does still have stock pitman arm cause it looks near flat. Also has stock upper track bar mount but has some welds on it to the frame. Down on axle side it looks like someone made a very solid be it, but solid bracket and relocated the mounting hole for trac bar in more. The drag link and the trac bar are parallel and it does drive and steer pretty much perfect as far as I could tell ya. Being no bump steer or real issues shoudl I just leave it? It is an aftermarket track bar in some way which is a little adjustable but would probably take a lot to drop that bar down more flat and also install drop pitman arm.

My question is, so being the bar and drag link is parallel should I just leave it be is there any issue on how steep the angle is? Or should they be as flat towards the ground as possible.

Thanks and i'll post pictures of it to help show.

#2 ·
Level with the ground would be best. The more angle, the more side to side move ment in travel. If they are parallel & it aint broke.... Run it!

BOTTOMS UP!
Chris 0.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.