Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Those worried about emissions - read

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Rob D 
#1 ·
For those of you residing in a state with emissions testing I thought I may be able to offer a peace of mind. I am currently running an egr deleted manifold, NO cat, a powermax, 190s etc. etc. I have a guy that will pass me for the visual but there is no getting around the snap test/opacity reading etc.

I had Doug write me a file, took a couple tries with the tuning, but we came up with one that passed no problem.

#3 ·
Do you use an SCT ? I wonder if it would have passed with the economy tune and the EGR off option ?

thats what I do but no sticks or powermax on mine and ther is no passing a Visual with all that off in AZ so cat's get gutted and EGR's stay in or put back in for the test

it would be cool to have him put the rev limit way down also so you don't have to go balls to the wall RPM wise

#5 ·
Not sure about that - I do use the SCT. We had to cut fuel to stock levels and then lower ICP bc the damn thing shook like a leaf when revving her up...which means even less fuel, so by the time I was passing the test in theory I should have been flowing less than stock...but 190s will always flow more even at stock levels so who knows.

#4 ·
I live in MA. Ya the holding the pedal to the floor pissed me off for the snap test. I don't need my truck floating the valve train for f**** emssions testing. The first time I tried it was so close the damn test was making the guy snap the truck about 10 times. By the time we had it dialed in it was only 3 snaps before it said no additional testing needed bc of how clean it was. I talked to Doug about turning the rev limiter down but I am not sure if the emissions test is smart enough to measure rpm to know if thats been messed with?

#6 ·
but I am not sure if the emissions test is smart enough to measure rpm to know if thats been messed with?
I don't see how they would know since they don't seem to watch the RPM gauge when I did it

I tried to hold the pedal off the floor but the first two test failed

I actually think it was the machine since they had Me change lanes

I am going to try the Matt's tow tune and the revs set low but I think low is only 3600 rpm IIRC?

#7 ·
Your right they didn't have anything plugged into the OBDII port...my bad, ya they would have no idea then if the rev limiter was lowered. At first I was thinking the truck was plugged in so the testing program might recognize if the rpm wasn't in the redline range.

#13 ·
In Colorado they go 10 seconds at 45,55 and 65. We also say a waver that they are not liable for any damages.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.