Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Pics of your line-x and Vinyl trucks!!

9K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  Monty'sWhiteF250 
#1 ·
Would like to see what you guys got going on. I have the forest green and tan two tone and I'm looking for new ideas! If you got it show it!

#4 ·
Lol well there ya go man! Ive probably got more pics somewhere but you can get the idea with those above.

#6 ·
Yeah I've seen that look also but that isn't my style

#8 ·
I like that idea but I'm afraid it will be tough to color match. I was thinking Matt black

#14 ·
Tank... Did you spray it or roll it on. And are you having any fading issues or chipping. I would like to do that to mine, then paint it.

Looks good tho. Just wish i had a little kid to do all my sanding, maybe ill con my dad into doin it, lmao

#27 ·
Roll-on...DIY Herculiner...

I did about 4 coats, then added a couple more over the years. It will fade after a year or so...but it is REAL EASY to bring back to life/shiny....$3 cheap tire shine will make it shiny for about a month, then re-apply.

I would go no less then 3 coats.

H Prep is key, so give yourself enough time. I did mine in a day. First tape, second rough up the clear coat for adhesion, Third wipe down the area, and then paint. I did 3 coats with about an hour iirc in between coats. I had done some rust repair on the passenger rear fenderwell, so that is why there is a bit of wavyness. Herculiner goes a long way to cover imperfections! Thanks to Tank for the helpful hints when i did it!
Glad I could help....and like you said/I said....prep is key!...

#16 ·
Jake did we just become best friends? Lmao truck looks good! Where did you get it done?

#26 ·
Here's mine, It's forest green and i did herculiner. The herculiner has faded a bit so it's kind of a flat black, which I don't mind. I used a roller on the flat areas and a brush for the tight areas. Prep is key, so give yourself enough time. I did mine in a day. First tape, second rough up the clear coat for adhesion, Third wipe down the area, and then paint. I did 3 coats with about an hour iirc in between coats. I had done some rust repair on the passenger rear fenderwell, so that is why there is a bit of wavyness. Herculiner goes a long way to cover imperfections! Thanks to Tank for the helpful hints when i did it!

#36 ·
You answered my question lol I just did mine yesterday and wasn't sure about goin as high on the fenders. But urs looks great! Any tips on how u taped ur fenders off so nice? I must just suck at bending lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#28 ·
Thanks for the pics guys. I was thinking about doing a digital winter camp theme on the rocker panels with my forest green ext cab.. Thoughts? Anyone have any photos shop skills?

#31 ·
any tips or tricks for the Roll on DIY Herculiner?

i am working on fixing up an old ranger for a work/hunting truck and wanted to do almost the whole thing in liner. Spray in just isn't affordable and i saw how your guys stuff looked and like it.

i used to do spray in liners for a living but never done this. i figure about the same but i different products have different tricks.

How long have you had Herculiner on your truck and how is it holding up?

#33 ·
Scuff the paint paint up real well and then blow it off and clean the surface well. Do multiple coats (at least 3) with some drying time in between. The directions give the correct times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.