Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

PMF traction blocks and track bar pics

19K views 48 replies 12 participants last post by  07_powerstroke 
#1 ·
I just have the blocks in i am waiting for the bars to get here.

See less See more
#3 ·
The truck looks good and the bar looks beefy.

Did PMF put any bend in the trac bar so it dosent catch the engine crossmember when the suspension compresses?

#5 ·
Thanks for the speedy info.

#18 ·
I have 6 inch coils with a 2.5 spacer upfront (Have some new ICON 8" springs sitting around also )

I am right around Eight and a half now but I have my airbags all the way inflated and my arse is still to low by 2 inches

so I think I am sold on doing the 08 Deaver 7" inch springs and a small block to fine tune it ( I don't wan't to get the rear too high and half to go after the front again lol)
then I need to make a spacer for my outboard airbags

as you know it's never ending lol

#24 ·
I always set mine up 1" higher in the rear. For some reason, when our trucks are "level" they look like they are squatting.

#25 ·
Right I ordered a 2.5 in spacer for the bottom I am waiting for it. Hopefully that will give it the stance I am looking for... I will than have the icon 7in spring with the 2.5 spacer so it will be 9.5 in the front and a little over 8in in the rear.

#26 ·
I got them new but second hand and were sold as 8"

so Maybe I got hosed .. wasn't really sure if I was going to use them but I am glad you pointed it out so I don't screw someone else

EDIT = I just checked they are RIZE 8 coils. def bigger than my 6 inch Fabtechs but not sure if it's worth the swap just to loose the 2.5 spacer ?

#32 ·
Thanks

PMF is local to Me

but IDK about a 10 inch block ,,, ford and their OEM blocks bother Me in the first place ,,

I have an 81 full size blazer with super lift springs (rear leaf) that sagged unequally and had to have swapped out // but 6 years later they are fine .. dang decisions

appreciate the input

If i could swap coils without a compressor I would do it now ,,

you apparently have some tricks ?

#33 ·
I've gone from stock, to leveled, to 4.5", to 5.5", to 7" to 8", and never once used a spring compressor.

#34 ·
Also a traction block is a whole different ball game compared to a reg block. Don't be concerned about going 10" with a traction block.

#36 ·
When I did my spacer I was in a hurry for a road trip but My new tires were a rub concern at a full turn if I hit a bump

so I unbolted Shocks,sway bar,and jacked up the front end by the frame but the axle wanted to lift at some point and not let the spring out I didn't want to figure out what it was

track bar,steering etc so I did the spring compressor that and I had it in my mind it was a necessity since I just read a HOW to in a Mag about putting a spacer in and they used a compressor also ?

#37 ·
I appreciate the comments

the PMF traction are nice and Trevor has been great with My questions
but I still have some concerns
1=if you get the wrong size your stuck trying to adjust the front end
2= I already have some Fabtech bars that work well
3= the cost of the PMF blocks

#38 ·
Nice truck but wow. I don't trust the blocks or the very long u bolts. Do you tow?

#43 ·
Didn't try to start something. Just saying I wouldn't tow with them. And what is different about this block than any other?

#44 ·
#45 ·
A big difference is the u-bolts actually go through the lift block. There is no chance of the block coming out, because its tied in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.