Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

INSTALLED LIVEWIRE/WRENCH LIGHT!REDUCED POWER

9K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  WoodBoy 
#1 ·
I installed the livewire that I just got in last week and now my wrench light came on and it wouldnt hardly go anywhere. the truck has the latest flash, it was flashed on Monday, Dec 12th 2011. What the heck is going on?

#3 ·
Do u have the stock intake or aftermarket? Also check the codes with ur livewire to which codes it's throwin

#6 ·
wrench light came on with mine when i first bought it.. when you're tuning the truck and it goes through the questions about changing tire size, aftermarket intake, deleting DPF... it will ask you if you have Deleted or disabled your egr... select "yes" and that should solve your issue.. if not.. you may have a bigger problem.. let me know that works.. I hope its as simple as that..

Innovative Diesel told me I had to do this... otherwise the wrench light would come on Good Luck!

#7 ·
I was driving, had gotten into the throttle for about 2 seconds, then let off.

I have found a code p0252f, and p1000. Not sure what these are. Dont think they are related, because I loaded the tune in again and the problem went away. I think it is overboost, which I do not understand because I am only using the sct files that came with the tuner for now while im waiting for RCD to get me the tune they are writing for it at the moment. I have a stock air filter, dpf/cat deleted and the livewire and thats it...
I believe that the newest strategy is what is causing the boost to throw the truck into limp mode. I have the latest p30 strategy, and the latest livewire info. Any info would be appreciated.

#8 ·
With the new flash from what I have read your truck will go into limp mod easyer. I dont have the new flash but I hit 53lbs of boost on a regular basis. My truck will do wat yours does if I have the cruise set and floor it to pass a car. If your cruise was on try turning it off before you romp on it. But I dont have a livewire. Make maybe make sure you have the dpf deleted on the tuner, and that you dont have a bad exhaust sencer.

#9 ·
Where does the exhaust sensor go in the exhaust? I do not have any bungs on my dpf/doc delete as they are not required when you delete the pipe,

they are weather proofed, taped up, plugged in and tied up to the frame per rcd.

Does anyone know what is wrong if you get CODE P252F
?

#10 ·
That is an oil level code. the new flash is supposed to throw a reduced power for it if your oil level increases and exceeds 1000cc. When is the last time you changed your oil? With the dpf intact, your oil level will increase some every time it enters regen mode due to fuel dilution.

#13 ·
I just bought the truck about a month ago. it was supposed to have been changed at the dealership I bought it from. i will change it asap. I put the "performance" tune in it instead of the extreme and for some reason it seems to be more responsive and run better, without the bungs in the exhaust. I was thinking the same thing about it needing the bungs, but have driven about 1200 miles in the past 2 days and it is working so far.....

#14 ·
Does it idle high like around 800rpm? It does neeed the bungs to allow proper idling and without them it will run fine, just idle high. You have to watch a dealership when it comes to changing filters and etc. I would write a date in permanent marker when installing a filter and when it was checked next time, make sure they show you the filter they took out. Ive changed several fuel filters and etc on trucks that were getting serviced at the dealership ever 5k, at 40k miles, the truck wouldnt run, the guy called me so i changed it for him and to be honest i think the fuel filter had never been changed and was the same one installed at the factory.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.