99 F550 7.3 PROBLEMS - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 7.3L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:50 AM
SLOWRIDE
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

99 F550 7.3 PROBLEMS

I have a 1999 ford F550 power stroke and it will start on eather but dont like doing that as soon as it comes back to idle it shuts down and will not start again unless we use eather we just installed a new high presure pump and a new IPR valve my IPR is at 65% trying to start and my presure is only at 350 any one have any idea before I set it on fire I know it needs at least 500psi to start when it is runing my IPR is at 22% and presure at 700
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 05:34 PM
SLOWRIDE
PSN Newb
Member's Gallery

Re: 99 F550 7.3 PROBLEMS

To every one that read this and had no ideas I finley got tird of asking every one and getting no one that had any ideas so I tore into it my self and it is now fixed I ended up installing all the seals on all 8 injectors and that took care of the problem
Old 12-23-2011, 05:46 PM
zilla68
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

glad you got it fixed, sometimes you just gotta dig in on your own, glad it worked out for you.

Moore, Oklahoma

1996 Ford F350 4x4 Crew Cab PSD
6637 tymar
285-75-16 BFG All Terrains/Weld Wheels
3:55 gears
Automatic with billet convertor, tugger and alto discs
New Gearhead Tunes:
1 heavy tow
2 stealth mode
3 tow/econ
4 street perf
5 all out
6 high idle
1.0 housing
exhaust
Old 12-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Myles_S
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

mine did the exact same thing, turned out to be blown headgaskets. glad you got yours running
I ride solo, being able to converse with yourself is a skill that creeps up on you.
Black Ops 360
Gamertag; See Ya LATER 73

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 35
00700, 760 psd, abbottfarms, airfish2011, bigblak250, BigDangFord, BigE89, BigJay, birdog, ByrdDog, chainsaw, contractorjoe, Diesel X, fast92gsx, firedriver19, garych11, Hawkshaw, jarom, matts, mayville78, middlemanjw, Myles_S, pattio2, podirtfarmer, Poke In Da Eye, PowerstrokeMudder82, pursleybp, rickvm, sfcllc, SLOWRIDE, snakedoc, Sndwrkr, steelhorse08, steinerr, zilla68