Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Testing the new precision bolt on turbo

14K views 86 replies 28 participants last post by  Boogeyman 
#1 · (Edited)
I have had the new Precision bolt on turbo for the 7.3 Powerstroke for months just sitting here waiting on me to install it on my truck and test it out. Today I MADE the chance to do this and I am so glad I did. The truck has NEVER RUN THIS GOOD. I did not change the tunes or anything else for that matter all I did was swap turbos. It is in my sig but here is a little more info about the turbo I was running. It was the stock SD turbo that came on the truck with a 1.15 non wastegated exhaust housing and a van flange adapter. I did a Beans 66mm compressor cover and wheel. This turbo ran really good. In my Race Tune it was running 42lbs of boost and 52lbs of drive pressure. It made 522 hp @1100 ft/lbs. I was very happy with this turbo.

But getting back to the new turbo from Precision, this thing is BAD ASS just bolting it on and running it on the same race tune. I let the truck warm up after I installed the turbo and I made a dyno run. Right off I was happy. It climbed past the 522hp graph to the 560HP mark and just revved so smooth. Looking at the graph I could see gains across the board. The next run, after cooling a bit, was 560HP and 1210 ft/lbs. I decided that I a lot of people already here or on there way here for the dyno day so I better call it a night and get some rest. I just wanted everyone to know what I found out about this new turbo and what I think about it. I really think that when I have time to live tune it, it will make 600 HP on FUEL ONLY and will be a great option for our customers. I will keep you guys posted!

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats sweet, what are the specs....

And uhh, no offense. But spell check yo ??

#4 ·
How do you think it would compare to a 38r with a 1.15 non-waste gated exhaust housing.

#8 ·
There have only been a couple of guys on here that have run this turbo and reported to us. They but had durablity problems... I would be interested how this compares to the 38R aswell.

#9 ·
Give that turbo some use john and let me know !!! might try and run that with my setup!!!

#12 ·
What are the specs on this turbo other then a 360 thrust washer, and billet wheel??

What are the inducer and exducer of the compressure wheel??

#32 ·
Interesting... So this has nothing to do with the BBW, TN JB or any of the other knock off's that I have stuck my neck out on?

Maybe this takes something from the final version of the TN BB that I had before production ended.

The 38R in the Excursion is making a lot of racket lately, if the price comes down to what you can get a 38R for it will make me think about it!

#40 ·
This has nothing to do with any other turbo. It is only made by Precision. I have used their turbo's for years on may other cars and had great luck with them and thier customer service. I am still testing this turbo but compared to the D66 and 38R turbos, this one performs better. This is the best bolt-on turbo I've used. The only way I've ever been able to get a 38R to make as much power as this Presicion turbo, is to use a 1.15 non-wastegated housing. I have not live tuned my truck with this turbo but I know there is more power there.

What is everyone seeing 38R (without a modified housing) selling for?

#33 ·
Sounds like a good contender. Precision has some nice stuff.

#34 ·
Is this the same turbo tarm is running?
If so i dont recall him having any issues...vanderchev either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.