Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Injectors

2K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Headcase98002 
#1 ·
thinking of replacing my stock injectors with rebuilt ones. Does anybody have experience with a good source?

#4 ·
Rosewood all the way. He is fair and does great work. He shipped my injectors out Friday at 4pm and I received them Saturday at 9am with no extra charge. He knew I was down and did all he could for a quick turn around.

#6 ·
Stage one budget build are pretty cheap. I think around $580. Check his website, if I were you, I'd upgrade anyways, you never know when you want to change your mind.

#8 ·
You can get a quality stage one cheaper and from a more reputable source than most places want for stock replacements. I'm a Swamper! Swamps has a great product, its a little more expensive, but you only have to have your truck down while you're working on it. They don't bill a core up front and you don't have to send yours in to have them re built. Good luck!

#10 ·
cant believ know one has told him to try out pensicolla diesel... they are cheap to buy for the remand ones.

:doh:
:evil

#12 ·
cant believ know one has told him to try out pensicolla diesel... they are cheap to buy for the remand ones.
:confused::confused::(:confused:

Not sure what you consider cheap, or maybe they give you different pricing than is on the internet... All I see is $139 per injector for stock remans. Thats $1112 a set plus the ride! Swamps is $1050 and I believe Jim's budget builds are around $600. I don't see where pensicola is cheap?
:doh:

#11 ·
I got the premium build from Rosewood...stage 1's...tho I have no chip the truck runs much better...and when I do chip it the sticks are there..if these last the 260,000 the originals did I'll be laughing...;)

#13 ·
I paid $1250 for my Premium Stage #1's. They consist of new plungers barrels and nozzles.

#14 ·
I've heard nothing but bad things from pensicola, maybe others have had good luck. What are the required supporting mods for stage 1's? Will you need an upgraded HPOP?

#22 ·
I see the best millage out of my stage one's in the street tune....... If I can keep my foot out of it. Got 18 highway once and 17 the next tank then my fuel bowl started leaking and I'm down to 14 (which is what I was getting stock).

I need a hpop. Didn't see anybody mention that, but from my experience the stock 15* hpop wont keep up. Not to say that your's wont, but I would say that it is something that may have to be addressed as far as supporting mods

#15 ·
I would recommend either Swamps or Casserly(Full Force) Both have excellent product and customer service.IMO

#17 ·
Min would be you need a down pipe, and intake, highly recommend a custom chip to see full potential of the injectors. And of course gauges

#23 ·
the olny chance when i had baby swamp was when you foot got heavy same with my 238's if you drive good your milage will be good .if you play you pay. :)
depending you the miles on your truck it might be a good idea to upgrade your HPOP to avoid setting cells call bob about his Adrenaline.

#24 ·
Ok guys I have a question, how can you tell when your injectors are needing replacement? My truck has started "hazing" I guess you would call it while she is idiling wether she's hot or cold, my buddys call it fogging mesquites lol. Is it time or is that maybe something else??

#25 ·
Htownstrll oker;1714451 said:
Ok guys I have a question, how can you tell when your injectors are needing replacement? My truck has started "hazing" I guess you would call it while she is idiling wether she's hot or cold, my buddys call it fogging mesquites lol. Is it time or is that maybe something else??
I used to think the same, two years ago I had a hell of time starting the truck when it was below 40*, but I have tested everything and it was all working properly. When it would finally start, it would sit there and haze for a good 30 minutes. So I found that was caused by stiction on the oul side. After a lot of research I found International hires a company to create an oil additive to clean all oil deposits in the engine. It's called "HotShotsSecretet" and the website is called exactly that. It can be picked up at your local Rural King and Tractpr Supply; It's $48 for two quarts. I used that and in about 500-700 miles it came out of it. I also noticed that my oil stays cleaner longer, I have about 7000 miles on this oil change and its only a shade darker than the day I put it in. I would do an oil change and replace two quarts of 5w-40 for this oil additive. You will keep in the whole oil change. I would give that a try before you spend some big money on injectors.

Good luck.

#26 ·
Hey headcase thanks alot I'll head over to ts in the morning and give it a shot...

#27 ·
Just don't expect this to happen instantly. There website states to cure this issue to use two bottles, but one will do just a little longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.