Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Cylinder Head cracking and Intake Manifold!?

3K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  GMAN1 
#1 ·
What cylinders are cracking? All of them, randomly? Or is the ones closer to the firewall? Just wondering because of difference in flow in the intake. if so a ported intake should help?

Also, can you get the no limits intake elbow that would work with a regular cold side pipe(so I wouldn't need the whole setup)?

#2 ·
I would assume any kind of heat reduction will help in preventing cylinder heads from cracking. I don't know for sure though. I do know that it is presumed that the intake manifold will help in preventing cracked/melted pistons because of the 20% increase in flow to those cylinders.

Not sure on the intake elbow. You would need to call Elite or Rudy's about that.

#6 ·
When I spoke to JD at Elite, he said their ported intakes reduce the air flow difference to the back cylinders to only 1% (a 19% improvement)

#4 ·
Well i want to appologize on my elbow comment. I was thinking that Mike had sent me some pics of one that would mount to a different CAC Pipe, but it was a pick of the mild steel setup where the boot mounts in the same place as stock, but i am not sure if it will actually mound up to different CAC as it is sold as a kit not just an elbow. Maybe PM him, he stays in the army most of the time though

#5 ·
Cool, thx guys.

#8 ·
To avoid any confusion, I was referring to the difference the back cylinders get in terms of air flow versus the front cylinders. I have never heard a number in terms of overall flow for Elite's ported rails vs. stock. Has anyone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.