Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

8" + Lifts How to make rear axle safe

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Moroney167 
#1 ·
I have 10" lift setup on my 99 w/ 6 speed. I get a lot of wrap which is obvious on 38x15.5 tires. Still using stock Ford lift block. Should I buy or make up a block like I did on my 2008 truck that has holes to incorperate U-bolts into it all and keep solid? For how long they are I just want it all safe and as much stress off ubolts as possible. I know the right answer is just build some traction bars. Anyone with that big a lift wanna share how they have it setup or what they did that works well?

Thanks

#3 ·
Nice i'll take a look. Now as far as that big of lift how much does it matter if the traction bar isn't long enough or is to long... Figure one bar for a stock or leveled truck height isn't going to be same angle of driveshaft as one with 10 or moer inch of lift... Get me? Otherwise thats nice I might just go for it. Or just make a set.

#5 ·
Pictures didnt work.

Thinking about the Pro-Comp ones again like I did on my 2008. Had luck with them. Didn't agree on mounting setup but I know what to do this time and I can at least get for pretty cheap from buddys shop. Might go that route. They say theirs are 67" hopefully works.

#7 ·
I fixed them, they are videos of traction bars in action from a 12" + lifted truck to a stock/maybe lowered drag truck. You won't break these, you won't bend these, and your truck is going to ride the same way it does now.

Expensive but they are worth it.

#8 ·
I understand all that. Nice its adjustable. I don't expect to break or test anythign I just like to know its solid and not flexing around back their. Only causes more damage!

I'll have to see if i can swing all that for bars. Does need them, considered making a set but something time is worth more than the money anymore.

#10 ·
For my fabtech lift i had a add aleaf a 5in block and the stock block tons of axle wrap and a little vibration from 0-10mph with stock tires. I put my 36 15.50 on and i thought i was going to distroy my truck. I have a 10in PMF traction blocks ordered you should def check them out!

#11 ·
I don't have traction bars and I didn't have any axle wrap with my 41''. I have a little with the 45". I think drive line angle and quality of leaf springs is a big part of axle wrap.

#13 ·
Might go for the PMF bars cause someone has a set used for sale. I was gonna make a set but. Time is money and by the time I get to it I could be long done an solid w these. Also a great set of bars. Wish I put on my 08.

Ricky Bobby☝™

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.