Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

BatMoWheel Install Write Up?

8K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  08BIGRIG 
#1 ·
Anyone put one of the new batmowheels in for the stock 6.4 turbo yet? If so, could you do a write up on how to do it and what timeline it takes. I cant find anything on this for the 6.4 even on the other forum. I have seen where Rudys or someone installed them on a customers truck, but dont know of anyone whom did this themselfs or even if you could do this yourself say in your driveway at home. Thanks guys.

#3 ·
I have been calling Diesel performance shops around my area and it looks like the average cost is around 700 bucks. Very tempting to let someone else fool with it

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
For 700 Bux! Ouch! 700 plus 300 would of got you a Elite atmosphere 71mm turbo! But you still would of have get it in also.

There is a write up on removing the turbos floating around here somewhere. You could use that then separate the tubos (they are pressed together) then remove the atmosphere turbo compressor housing (normally 1/2" or 13'' bolts) next your going to have to undo the compressor wheel its self. (Normally a 12 point 10mm or 3/8" nut. and reverse threaded.) Now pull off the old wheel and install the new batwheel. Torque the nut back down on the wheel (I think I saw some where it was 17Ft lbs need to look it up)Then put the compressor housing back on. Ensure you match mark everything on the compressor housing as you take it apart. Once all back together press the turbos back together and then put them back in.
Here is a link to the removal: detailed write up with pics on how to remove turbos cab on - PowerStrokeArmy
Keep looking in the thread and you will see a Snap on Tool that you will need for the uppipes.

#8 ·
I am happy that someone came on here and did in fact at least give a better idea of what it takes to do the batmowheel install. I TOTALLY agree with LILGSX on the thought that I could have an elite 71 billet turbo for the same price and then I can just install that myself.

#9 ·
Well I got a price of 500 to install. So 500 plus 250 for the wheel. Since I don't plan on ever doing injectors or added fuel this will work for me. If I keep a vehicle for more than 5 years it would be a miracle so this mod is suites me

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#10 ·
Well I got a price of 500 to install. So 500 plus 250 for the wheel. Since I don't plan on ever doing injectors or added fuel this will work for me. If I keep a vehicle for more than 5 years it would be a miracle so this mod is suites me
You are ahead already because you got a great deal on wheel! They are $350 at most places.

#15 ·
It was a typo. I got it for $350. Which I think is a decent deal. Not sure what that comment was about me getting excited "Thinking I got a good deal". I got the sale price. I don't think I got some huge deal, just a few bucks off retail

#24 ·
Yeah i missed that sale and then had a chance to get it for 1080 but chose the batmo. But what I am thinking is the price to swap the turbo out would be close to a batmo wheel. At least I hope it is so I dont kick myself in tyhe A**! I wouldnt have done the 71mm myself either

#32 ·
Haha. Well you know how it goes. I kinda jumped on the batmo wheel deal with out thinking it through. I have a little build I plan on doing and the wheel put a limit on what I can do. So got the turbo, H-11 studs and 6.0 manifolds on the way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.