Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

70's body on 99-03 frame. Project idea questions.

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  da94broncodude 
#1 ·
I have driven my truck in my sig only 25k in the last 52 months of owning. I am thinking it's time to change slightly. I just had a baby and my truck is a pain to get in and out of.

I have always loved the 75 body, (Really who doesn't) I want a 4 door long bed.

What I have thought out.

99-03 wrecked 7.3 long bed
PMF or Kelderman airbag lift
I have found a 79 4 door crew cab LB, I want the 75 front clip.
Interior from a king ranch or limited.
Paint ford limited white or escalade white.
Transmission undecided, I would really like a 5 spd or 6 spd automatic.

I am asking for opinions. Would you rather extend a 12 valve frame. A friend is doing a SB 75 CC on a 97 12 valve frame.

Budget is 20-25k

#2 ·
I know this is off topic from what your askin about, but I recognized the truck in your picture and you bought it from my brother a few years ago... so hows the truck runnin for ya now cause i know it was an awesome truck when he had it. O and sorry for the derail jus thought it was cool that i've found this truck again on the net with you livin so far away.

#3 ·
Super duty frame FTW! use the rolled donor as much as possible where it counts. This will make it easier and keep costs down. Consider starting with a stripped XL as I wish I did. By usingthe an XLidea. Donor theas wiring is easiera if youI don'tknow use allthe the bellsrolled and whistles.I wish I left the nostalgic original dash in despite the cool factor of a super duty dash in a '72

#5 ·
there is a 1969 ford crew cab cummins converison that the guy quit building floating around

#6 ·
#7 ·
after seeing your truck today dude i would say keep it, an older retro like we discussed would be cool but damn yours is clean, i say keep it 08 conversion and lower it a little or bag it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.