Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

dana 50 ttb rebuild or dana 60 swap? help.....

13K views 18 replies 3 participants last post by  1craneguy 
#1 ·
97 f250 hd 4x4 psd, just bought the truck. Workn the bugs out. Was gonna do a brake job n after realizing the ttb front end seems to be worn out also. So should I rebuild or do a d60 swap? The truck right now is the d50 ttb on leaf springs setup. Missin a few nuts n bolts . N was just kinda kept runnin n not really looked after. As of now I have 2 other vehicles to get around. So what do u guys think? Is the rebuild worth doin or is the 60 the way to go? Ive never done a swap like this if that's the outcome. Can u guys help point me right? What's all involved with the swap? I really appreciate the help :bow:

#15 ·
I got a question for ya, the truck has 6 inch blocks in the rear , is that like a cheap way to lift? But now the real question. The leaf spring package in the front has about 6 leafs , and is about close to 3 inch stack. The springs I got from the 350 are 2 leaf and around 1.5 - 1.75 inch . How does this affect the height of the front end when I use the 350 springs? I was planning on tossing the rear blocks n having a new package made for the rear. Do I have to do anything like re arc the front ? Should I install the front as is and adjust the rear accordingly? I like the ride height right now but it wouldn't hurt if I had to go a bit lower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.