Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Injection Pressures

2K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  Headcase98002 
#1 ·
I recently made a 400 mile round trip and was watching the HPOP Gauge. I was wondering what you guys see while. Ruising down the interstate and going up inclines. I saw about 1200 just cruising and once we started going up hill it would hang at 2400-2600. Going down hill it went to 700. It idles at 550.

The only reason I ask is because going up hill only it would cut out. It did this only while accelerating or on inclines. It did this about 8 times the last 140 miles. The weird thing is, it started doing this once it started raining and stopped when the rain stopped.

The truck had about a 1/4 tank of fuel, new CMP, IPR, ICP, UVCH, and stage #1 injectors. These were do e about 2-3 months ago and been running extemly smooth except for this.

#2 ·
So, when it cuts out does the power come back on a few seconds later.

#3 ·
It's just just a quick hiccup. While accelerating, or going up an incline, you feel a quick jerk.

#4 ·
Come On, I'm surE there are several people out there who has an HPOP gauge.

#6 ·
I plan to do that as well, the truck doesn't get driven everyday and it quite cold here, so that gets put on back burner. I have new pigtails on IPR and ICP. I plan to put new terminals in my CMP connector this week. My HPO never drops or fluctuates.

I really want to know what everyone is seeing for HPO furring different driving conditions.

Thanks to that have replied.

#7 ·
X2 on the IDM to check. The skips or glitches are likely electrical. To eliminate something, does it do it regardless of chip setting? If it always does it under accel, a bad spot on the TPS?

My pump keeps up with what is commanded on the tune-- 690-700@ 11% idle and the aggressive tunes are about 3K @ 40-42% wot. the daily driver tune calls for about 2750 and the pump runs at about 36% (wot).

#8 ·
Thank you, We drove down there in 140hp tune and got 17.6mpg. We drove back on stock setting and it was mostly all an incline. I also plan on pulling the chip and making sure it making good contact along with pulling the IDM and PCM connectors to see if they are corroded. While they are apart I will apply some dielectric grease and reinstall if everything looks ****. I have no codes.

#9 ·
on cruising around 55 (NYS speed limit) im at about 900 PSI warmed up its about 1100cold idle as about 540 warm and 600 cold thats with the chip set at anything above stock mode on the extreme setting its on the higher end of those numbers

#10 ·
I'll take a video and post up.

#12 ·
make sure there is no oil where your icp sensor plugs in to the pigtail. if there is oil you will need a new sensor that goes right into the head. if there is oil that may be shorting out your connections causing the hiccup. keep us posted. installing my hpop gauge next few days.

#13 ·
Not getting on you, but the first post states that I replaced the ICP, IPR and International CMP. Along with all the pigtails, they were all kind of crappy looking, except the CMP, but there is an updated design, so I'm doing that today. This is all done within the last 3 months. Also found oil coming out top injector o-ring, so I put on Rosewood Stage #1.

#15 ·
No, I have never thrown a check engine light, but when I did a KOEO test it thee a P0340. New CMP(International) and going to have a new design pigtail installed. Ohm'd all the wires and passes. I talked to Jeremy last night and as soon as it stops raining I'm going to pull the IDM.

#16 ·
So do any of you guys have a problem with your auto downshifting?

#18 ·
Haha!!!! Nice smartass awnser...lol..it just won't downshift unless the engine detects a certain load.

Also for those who were helpings with my problem, it ended up being an IDM filled with water.

#19 ·
Well, I ordered Swamps HVHF IDM last wednesday, and thought it would be here by now. Well, I called them and found out that it takes a week to make, stupid me. So I needed the truck, so I opened up the IDM and drained the water, sprayed electrical cleaner over it and dried it off. Resealed it and it runs great. Not one hick-up, YET! Just waiting on the Swamps.

#21 ·
sounds like your pressure are really good....atleast better then mine.

When I got WOT on my hot tune, DC jumps up to 55% instant and ICP is 1400ish....I need a T500 :(

#22 ·
U haven't really paid attention to the duty cycle here lately, but the highest I've seen is 34%. My pressures are great though. Thanks.

I can't wait to see what this will do once I get the IDM, intercooler and tune the DP for the stage #1's

#23 ·
what type of guage are you guys using and how you guys hook this up? also has anyone ever heard of any type of blockage in the high pressure system and if so where? That could be my problem that Ive been chasing for like ever lol

#24 ·
I am using an AutoMeter HPOP gauge, it ties into the factory harness and get its reading from the factory ICP sensor. To get you Duty Cycle you will need some sort of scan tool. I recently just purchased a brad new Snap-On Scanner since the old p.o.s. red brick finally but the dust. Don't know anything about blockage.

#26 ·
I threw the box away. Here's a link where I bought it off of eBay.

I just typed in "AutoMeter SuperDuty Gauges."

eBay Mobile - Service unavailable

Manufacturer Part Number: ATM8496 ATM 8496 Turbo Diesel

#27 ·
what part number scan tool are you using?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.