Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

High Violocity Head Porting

17K views 113 replies 24 participants last post by  mours2 
#1 ·
Like the title says gentlemen... has anybody tried the HV porting on a 6.0L head. I realize that there are certain limiting factors to what the 6.0L can withstand....... Or should I say does anybody wanna "LOAN" a head for me to HV port and send back to you. I am amazed at the increase in CFM due to HV porting...I have many years experience...

Of course this HV porting would intel reshaping the intake and exhaust runners as needed. Possible drivability issues due exhist due to the likelyhood of reshaping the intake and exhaust ports.... BTW....:psnb:

#2 ·
wish i had some heads layin around to send you

#8 ·
What are you going to charge for the porting and polishing??

#10 ·
How much you wanna spend? Not really sure at the moment. I know i can get a LOT of cfm out one of these heads. I'm having a hard time finding info on cam lift. If i say i can get x amount of cfm and make x hp people will expect to make x hp. But... if i get x cfm at 700 lift and nobody makes a cam with a 700 valve lift then i can't deliver the product i was advertising.

I'm beginning to think that the aftermarket cams are just snakeoil... nobody knows the damn lift of one. If it's a one off or a custom cam specifically for one shop to accent their head porting etc. i could understand. But i'm talking about a mass produced cam that nobody has valve lift numbers on.

#15 ·
Elite advertises valve lift and duration for their cams.

#21 ·
Cause I have 2 kids in daycare and a wife who doesn't mind :blah:

You wanna donate a cam and a set of heads for my R&D project?

Seriously i need a trashed head to do some flow bench work off of if you guys have one around the shop pm me a price.

#23 ·
I doubt you would get a huge lift cam in this motor. With a good intake manifold the porting could have potential. How much though is a mystery. A lot of hp has been made with stock crappy flow heads and a stock intake.

#24 ·
not sure i'd waste my time porting the heads. I just polished and smoothed mine out when i did my stud job over 5 years ago. Hasn't it been said that ported heads have been more prone to crack more in the 6L's?

#25 ·
We might be able to work out a deal I believe I can get a junk head for you to try on. But can you give me before and after flow numbers? I can get the cam made but gonna have to talk the guy (patrickke) into getting a cam ground and building his bottom end while it's in my shop torn down. The pistons are going to have to have valve releifs cut and his motor is what they'd go on. If I give you a head to try on what's it gonna cost to have a first set made for his truck?

#31 ·
There are companies that offer "Race Ported" heads for the 6.0L....but most seem to have a Jacket water leak problem from the porting...

6.0L heads suck donkey balls...plain and simple....spending money on porting is just a waste, cuz they are either going to crack on the cylinder face between the valve seats, or in the ports....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.