Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

clay bar...

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  blk99 
#1 ·
can it be done one day and then be waxed a few days later... or have to all be done at once if possible???

wondering cause I have time in a few days to bar the truck but then I wont be able to wax it till a couple days later....

thanks
~Jim

#5 ·
You should really do it all at the same time. Claying doesn`t really take that long. You should check out some Adam`s products before you do it , man there stuff ROCKS!!!:ford:

#7 ·
I think you would be fine if the truck was inside where it was not dusty to clay one day and they wax the next day. I also found that is did not take all that long to clay the truck and was happy with the results.

Tom

#9 ·
I will definatly get Adams next time...the Adama bar is 2.5 times the size of the Meguires and Mothers bars for about the same price....and better product from what I have heard...

I am useing the mothers bar... it is only a tiny 80 gram bar... I split it in half.... this first half has done the whole passenger side (and my truck is BAD + its a CC LB Dually) and i think it will do at least the tailgate and MAYBE the hood...
so yes it should...

I dont see why you couldnt use it on another car but I am no expert....

but I say GO ADAMS!!

#10 ·
I guess it would take along time if you don`t keep your truck very clean. I keep mine pretty clean and it doesn`t take that long to do. Again I don`t think 5-6 hours is really all that long. Adam`s is the way to go though!! :rockon:

#12 ·
Adam's wife was about to have a baby so don't worry if you do not hear back from right away.

Tom

#14 ·
yep, you just use a spray dry wash type fluid, and rub till you feel the pannel has released the fallout crap, you never use it dry! works on overspray and other stuff too. if you have any questions i used to own a bodyshop, now retired!

#18 ·
Circular motions or back and forth? can you go to far with the clay if you keep it wet?

either or, does not matter, but i just do straight back n forth. no, can't get it too wet, but you might be wasting fluid. you can use it too dry, then clay really starts to grab!clay does not remove any paint, so no you can't go too far.

When I did mine. It took forever!!! It is alot of work but it is well worth it. Seems a little weird but it works!

you must have had alot of crap on your paint! on a nice finish, just as a maintenance, i clay a car in about 20 to 30 minutes by myself. if you have a lot of crap, it can take a couple of hours!

#17 ·
When I did mine. It took forever!!! It is alot of work but it is well worth it. Seems a little weird but it works!

I can't imagine that it would be a problem to come back a couple days later and wax. As long as it is clean when you wax it ... then it would be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.