Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

20x14's with a leveling kit?

22K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  STRAIGHTSTROKEN04 
#1 ·
How bad will 20x14 fuel hostages (on 33's) rub with just a 2.5" leveling kit on an '07? I have 18x12's right now and they rub but I just deal with it, I haven't cut up my fenders yet. How much worse will the 20x14's be? Will they be drive-able without trimming?

#4 ·
i dont think u have 33s, nor a leveling kit...ur pictures are kind of pointless and dont answer a single thing he wanted to know :doh: o well at least u got to post pictures of ur truck in another thread right :confused:

#7 ·
ya i seen it, guess ur gunna hold me down while they spank me? and my post was just letting him know that pictures of his truck was offtopic as to what the OP was asking....and the OP knows theres a diffence between 20x12 and 20x14 so thanks for letting us all know there actually is a big diffrence, helped us all out on that one

#11 ·
Alright guys chill out...anyways I'm picking them up tomorrow (with no tires) and rolling around on stock wheels for a while :pointlaugh:

I'm just trying to decide if I should spend money on a 4" lift and then get some cheap used tires

OR

not get a lift and buy new tires.

I really just hate the idea of trimming fenders, I feel like if I ever wanted to trade this thing in it would hurt the resale value.

#14 ·
Yeah that will be the goal eventually I just can't afford to buy both at the same time.

I got a question for you though, how much harder is it to turn the steering wheel on 14 wides compared to 12's? There was already a good bit of resistance with my 18x12's.

#21 ·
Did you get them mounted yet? I would like to see a pic if so. I think it prob will rub a whole lot. My 6" lift 20x12's with 35's rubs pretty good

#22 ·
Not yet I won't have tires for a while. I've seen someone with this setup so I know its possible I just didn't notice how much they trimmed.

The little black valance is only like 40 bucks for a new one, so I'll cut the hell out of that if I have to. I just don't see how you can cut the back part of the fender where its painted without making it look like sh*t.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.