Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6in or 8in with 35's?? Opinions please

4K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  pitbull62 
#1 ·
Well, a 2.5 level kit and 35's DO NOT work, LOL. I am running 20x10 (-24) Rockstars with 35x12.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers and thought I was gonna rip the damn fender off. Only at half turn too.
Now I will have to lift the truck. I didnt want to spend the coin but it will look awesome after I do.

Do I go ahead and go with a Procomp 8in lift or just stay with a 6in.
Anybody ever run a 8in and 35's?

Here is a dirty pic of the truck now with a 2.5 Readylift kit with the 4in blocks in rear.

See less See more
#3 ·
Your truck looks awesome, do you have a side shot?
I was just thinking when these tires wear out would I be wanting 37's. I do tow a 24ft enclosed around quite a bit and its normally around 10-12k when I do. Any difference between the two.

Anybody have pics of 8in and 35's would be great.

#6 ·
tons of people have 37s and a 6'' lift as well as a 4'' lift and 35s...but yes u could add a level kit ontop of the spring to lift the front up more ontop of the 6''

#9 ·
Unless you want to lift the truck that high to clear those small tires it would be alot cheaper in the long run to get wheels with a more reasonable width and backspace. I run 37's with 4" of lift and I never rub but I have 9" wide wheels with 5" of backspace.

#11 ·
I ran 9in with 35 also 6in and leveled I'll try to find some pictures but my favorite is 6in what I have now.

#12 ·
9in on 35's

6in on 35's

#15 ·
Im currently running a 6" lift on 35's but Im going to go to 8" because the wheels I just got are 20x12 with -44BS so I need it to clear when turning and such.

#16 ·
2.5 ready lift on 325 60 20 with 20x10 -24 offset wheels. Barely rub at full lock after triming the fender plastic stuff.

#19 ·
i know this thread is a little stale but....

my story: originally got an 8" lift on super swamper 38" tires, went thru a couple of brands in the same 38" size tire...long story short, it now sits on 35" khumo tires i plan to lower my truck down to either 4.5" or 6" in order to tow a 5th wheel trailer but cant see paying much money to go down only 2" therefore im leaning more to going down to 4.5".

so due to the lack of balls/indecisiveness to go down to the 4.5" and lack of funds at the moment, here is a pic as it sat on the 35" procomp xterrains and an 8" lift...yes i know there is a gap :pointlaugh: and it may look crappy to some but it doesnt look NEARLY AS BAD as it currently sits and looks on less agressive khumo AT 35" tires....what im getting at is if you get a more agressive looking tire altho it may be smaller it will look better, ill try to post up a pic tomorow, if anyone is interested, of it the way it sits now on the khumos which are not agressive looking at all but the price was right!:blah:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

#24 ·
found this. heres a more 3 dimensional view..35" tires, 8" lift

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.