Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Help fast please!

508 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jsnyder7.3 
#1 ·
Hello all, Bryant from ohio here and having a bit of an issue,
I am about to take off for a trip to nj and have been having an issue with the steering that is going to cause us to wreck no doubt if i cant figure it out.
While driving down the road or especially after making a turn my truck will start pulling. It actually isnt a pull really its more like a severe over correction problem, when you turn the wheel to make a small correction (i.e trying to keep it going straight) it will not turn at first and then take off hard to whichever direction I am turning. It doesnt do it all the time and nothing in particular seems to cause it to start. I really need some help with this one guys i only have a few days to get it fixed before im supposed to be heading to NJ and a trip to the shop will kill my vacation plans.

#4 ·
While checking make sure the worm gear set screw is tight in the steering box. Also have seen track bar bushings cause a similar issue. check them as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.