Votes: 5 10.4%
  • 8 inch

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • turn down

Votes: 6 12.5%

exhaust tip pole !!!!

6K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  sniper_101 
#1 ·
So question is. When is a tip to big and what size tip would look the best? I am going to have a single tip coming off of my 4 inch exhaust exits behind rear passenger wheel. Truck is a 2000 f450cc with a dually bed. So the truck itself is huge but I also don't want it to look ridiculus as well. Also any pics of tips on duallys would be appreciated. Seems there is a fine line between looking good and looking ridicilus (duramax guys always push this point)

Comments welcome!!

#2 ·
I would say a 4 to 6 inch, length depends on your liking. I ran a seven inch on my obs but also was running 35" tires. Now on my 08 I have a 6 inch tip and am happy with that.

#4 ·
So question is. When is a tip to big and what size tip would look the best? I am going to have a single tip coming off of my 4 inch exhaust exits behind rear passenger wheel. Truck is a 2000 f450cc with a dually bed. So the truck itself is huge but I also don't want it to look ridiculus as well. Also any pics of tips on duallys would be appreciated. Seems there is a fine line between looking good and looking ridicilus (CUMMINS guys always push this point)

Comments welcome!!
Fixed it for you.

And I suggest a 4 to 6

#6 ·
If I do end up keeping exhaust like it is and add a tip (50/50 at this point) I was thinking 4-7 since The truck is large. 8 seems way to big where 6 seems a bit small on a side note do the tips change the sound quieter or louder?

#13 ·
it all depends on the amount of lift you have....I ran an 8" tip on my truck when it was lifted 8" and it was huge....dropped down to a 6" and it was perfect...now I'm getting ready to bump my lift up to 15" so I jumped up to a 7" tip.

Chad

#15 ·
The choice you make should be based on how much attention you want drawn to the tip you're buying. If you want it to be a focal point, buy a 6-7" tip. If you want a cleaner look, go with a 5". IMO, a 5" tip is plenty big and doesn't look ricer. Anything over 7" looks ridiculous.

The diameter won't noticably change the sound of your exhaust, but a turn down will.

I'm lifted 8" on 37's and had a 5" tip, went to a 6", and am going back to a 5" in the near future.

#17 ·
I run a 5 inch exhaust with a 5-6 inch tip on my crew cab with a 6" lift. I think it fits the truck perfectly. On a dually truck at stock height I think 5 to a 6 would be good, if you lift it I think a 7 would fit the truck well.

#18 ·
4-6 inch with rolled edge. i think if it isnt rolled it looks to much like a gasser tip, not that its a bad thing. just liked rolled

#20 ·
My MBRP duals (4" system) came with 6" rolled end tips that look good and proportional IMO. Tempted to try 5" tips being a dual system when these ones finally chip up to nothing, may look a bit less obnoxious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.