Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

exhaust turn down question

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tbsimmons 
#1 ·
anyone running a turn down style tip? Does it make the truck louder/quieter outside the cab. I have 4 inch straight piping with no tip currently. The tip is going on my dually so as far as length etc im not sure what I would want to go with but before I buy I wanted some peoples real opinons.

I had a stack I was going to put on but im not going to be using a tonneau cover so I figured id make the exhaust I have on it look a bit better. I dont want to get crazy big with tip sizes. Im thinking 6 would be the largest. Btw its a diamond eye exhaust on it now.

Any opinons/experiences would be helpful :psn:

#4 ·
I have a turn down on my dually. It is about right after the mount for the tail pipe and under the leaf springs. You can see it but a lot of people dont notice it.
It did not make the truck louder inside. Actually the only thing that did was putting a muffler on it. But the muffler helped on the noise outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.