Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

how can i level out?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ewxlt 
#1 ·
i have a 2005 f250 king ranch ccsb. it has a leveling kit in the front with 35 inch tires. but when it sit on level ground it looks like the rear is lower then the front and ive had other people tell me that too. what can i do to level it out in the rear? do i add a block or take the old ones out and add a bigger one? and wheres a good place to get it?

#5 ·
You have stacked blocks and are STILL sitting too low at rear? Nevermind the safety issues with stacking them: I simply don't understand how you can still be low.:confused:

I did frt end leveling springs (roughly 2.5") with 35's and the same thing happened- rear was a bit too low. I got a set of ReadyLift replacement blocks and now she sits high and pretty and perfectly level. Came with new U bolts and nuts. 30 mins to install, roughly $150 for the kit.

#6 ·
yes i thought it was odd too. ill try to get pictures tomorrow. where did you buy them? mine isnt that much lower but just enough to see it. im just afraid of buying new blocks and then it being higher in the rear.

#9 ·
I found the kit on Amazon or eBay (can't remember which one now). Search on Ready Lift's website for the part number then Google it to see who has the best pricing. With a 2.5" front level kit and the 4" rear block kit mine sits as close to level as it gets.

Ive just been curious about adding rear blocks, you can just take the old one out and put a new taller one in? (with new longer ubolts)

Nothing else is required like longer rear shocks? What about the angle of the drive-line does it change?
Yeah, it's as simple as removing the tire, jacking the frame up, removing old u-bolts and blocks, and replacing them with the new kit. Shocks might sit a little closer to max extension, but should be fine. The driveline angle is so minimally affected that it isn't any cause for concern. I haven't had any problems, nor have I heard of any.

Took me about 45 mins start-to-finish to do it in my driveway with a jack, jack stand, common tools, and patience (getting the stock u-bolt nuts to break loose can be a REAL treat)!

#7 ·
Ive just been curious about adding rear blocks, you can just take the old one out and put a new taller one in? (with new longer ubolts)

Nothing else is required like longer rear shocks? What about the angle of the drive-line does it change?

#10 ·
F350 blocks, that's what I did. The rear is slightly higher using a tape measure, but using just your eyes, it looks level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.