Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

HOW BIG OF A LIFT DO I NEED???!!!

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  brownneck 
#1 ·
#2 ·
run some cut outs if u dont mind cutting up ur truck lol...u can do a 6'' and 37s thatd look good, bigger the tire=slower ur gunna be but i dont think ud notice a big diffrence (if u notice one at all power wise) from a 35 to a 37

#4 ·
you'll need at LEAST a 6" to clear 37's. with only a 10" wide wheel you'll really need to only run a 6" lift, an 8" for tire clearance on angles and such ( turning into an angled driveway and such with 6 and 37's will rub ).

Chad

#6 ·
Agreed. An 8" lift would be better, but even with a 8" Rize I can sometimes rub my 37's on the fender liner when the suspension compresses and I'm turning (wheels are 22x12.25)

#7 ·
depending on what suspension he's working with it's a little different....the leaf sprung trucks sit a little higher from the factory so an 8" lift ( as wierd as this sounds ) will actually sit a little higher than a coil sprung truck with an 8" lift.....wierd I know but it's true.

EDIT: I just saw he had an 06, if you want no rubbing what so ever I would go a little more than 8" and beef up your trans, delete the EGR, head studs, get some tunes, injectors, trans, gears ( 4.56's ) and you'll be pretty damn near back in business and you'll have alot more to brag about and back it up.

Chad

#8 ·
hey thanks just ordered my lift today, you PSN peeps are the best. I changed my wheels here's a couple of shots. and my favorite team in there too LOL

Attachments

#9 ·
what did you end up going with? hope it all goes well for you, are you installing it all yourself or no?

Chad

#14 ·
OH NOOOOOO!!!!LOL , I am really a newbie. there are a couple of great shops in jacksonville, american bedliners and FCDP. i have been trying to get up with FCDP but they are pretty busy so AB will handle the lift. Naw, I told one of my lighter brothers," the difference will be that i have armor-all on my tires instead of mud":pointlaugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.