Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Help With Dream Beams on a 4x4?!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Bradbilt 
#1 ·
Ok guys I know this rubs some people wrong but to each his own. I know you have an opinion and you might hate this idea but anyways I already have a 99 7.3, y pipe, 3" down, 5" single stack, flywheel conversion, bigger injectors and lifted on 38s and some other performance parts and what not....BUT I am in the market of buying a 08-up SD. I dont want to lift it there are too many in my area and they are all looking the same. I am having trouble finding a used 2wd to my liking....ok heres where I rub you wrong...If I come across an F250 that is 4x4 will the DJM Dream Beams still work on the front end? I have tried contacting them to no avail and want to know if this is possible...I know I can go the air bag route and there is already a bagged and body dropped f250 coming out of Houston so I am in the right spot for this to be done but Id like the dream beams up front...sorry if I just asked the same question twice just looking for some help...never dropped anything in my life...I want this one to be different and people to ask questions when I drive it around...instead of them just saying oh bad ass lift man where ya get them big ole tires? haha:psn:

#4 ·
The Dream Beams wont work because the 4x4 is a straight axle. Also, the straight axle is what causes clearance problems. There's not a lot of room to start with, as far as clearance between the axle and the frame. You can use coil springs from a 5.4L gas truck, or you can cut the coils you have. You cant go much lower at all and you are on the bump stops so you have to pull them off and remount them elsewhere. Climb underneath a 2005 or newer 4x4 truck and you see how little clearance there is.

#6 ·
#7 ·
To the OP,

If you plan on keeping the 4wd. NO the dream beams will NOT work.

BUT if you plan on removing the COMPLETE 4wd front , and installing the 2wd in place of it, then yes the dream beams will work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.