Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ARP HEAD STUD SALE!

2K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  J HO 22 
#1 ·
#3 ·
descent sale but theres still better prices out there

#7 ·
Yea, I worried about what will happen it I wrote what I wrote.
I know that when a customer that purchases arp's at a higher price and then soon after sees a cheaper price that has always been there, would be disappointed that someone did not say something about a cheaper price.

#10 ·
And this is why basement vendors suck. The worst is the guys that set up wholesale accounts and then sell them on ebay for like $20 more then I can buy stuff for at the same wholesale place. I have people walk in the shop everyday and want prices on parts like intake, exhaust, tuners and gauges. I just tell them that I they can get it cheaper on ebay. What they pay more for is my knowledge. I also tell them that if they pay me to install the products then I will match the ebay price. If they want to put it on themselves and want the cheapest price available, it won't be from me. Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit when they leave. Many times they end up back at my shop as they are not happy with what they got.

I had a guy stop in about two months or so ago that had a 2009 6.4 that wanted to straight pipe his truck. I told him that he couldn't just do that without getting a tuner. Well he did it anyways. Then he was calling me asking why his truck was stuck in reduced power mode. I said that is why you need a tuner. I quoted him a price. He didn't buy it. Called me a week later late saying that even with the tuner he bought he could not get the truck out of reduced power. I kind of laughed and he wanted to know what it would cost to get it fixed. I said, "I quoted you a price in the beginning. That is still the cost." Well he finally brings the truck to me as he can't find anyone who can make it run right.

I say to Holderdown that specials like this are just a big waste of time. Run these specials with your existing customers only. Trying to get guys on these internet forums a deal on parts that you don't make yourself is pretty much a waste of time. I know you have to make money and that is how we live, but you will always end up with the "Brown sells them for this much." Or the other things that happens is you end up with a guy who doesn't give a crap if he makes any money and puts them up on this same thread for a price that doesn't even make it worth your time.

#15 ·
I wasnt gonna point out which vendor so thats why I was kind of vague...Sorry OP

#16 ·
I agree with vendors needing to make money but a lot of us are on budgets, I do have a respect all vendors and I am sorry for starting this off topic. This is still a great deal on studs and better than most other vendors out there, its also only $30 for "insurance" that you are supporting a good vendor that supports our forums and hobbies and that if anything is wrong with your order they will take care of you.

#18 ·
:whs:

#20 ·
Being in a line of work where I work on commission. You take the good with the bad. Make the money sell the part. Some parts and transactions you make more some you make less. If you don't want to sell the part for less money don't. Pretty simple. There will always be someone cheaper. Your choice is to either out sell them at price or sell service. Now if you physically have to get your hands on the parts then I can see $20 not being worth it. If your selling items that get drop shipped from the manufacturer then it seems like less of a deal.

#21 ·
the way I see it is if someone sees a vendors sale price and thinks its a great deal then they can go for it but posting on someone's thread about lower prices some where else is kind of jacked. if someone wants the cheapest prices they will do a simple google search that is provided on the forum and figure it out if not they can pay higher prices. not bashing anyone it just pays to invest half a second of price research.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.