Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TSD: Super Panty Dropper evaluation!

81K views 120 replies 22 participants last post by  Fox Hunt 
#1 ·
LOVE IT! Trans shifting is perfect, power is very strong, egts are cool. I have only put about 50 miles on the tune this morning since I loaded it in the truck. I must say I really wish I would have known about Chris from TSD along time ago! He returned my phone call after business hours last night to get my information and I had the tune not to long after we hung up the phone. Great guy and great service! I will give a further update after I put a few more miles on the tune. Mileage and such...
:dfpsn:

#2 ·
How do you like it compared to the Looney and SRL?

#7 ·
That would be me as well.

#4 ·
Its feels faster than both. I like the looney except for the long shifts, I think it needs the faster shifting like SRL and SPD. I really like matts SRL but I still think that the SPD is more powerful. It takes absolutely no time to be at 80+. Throttle response is also better with the Super Panty Dropper "SPD".

#5 ·
While I havent tried anything other than the SPD, the SPD does everything for me that Stroker is saying it does for him. I dont think you can ask for anything more from a tune with a stock truck.

#6 ·
What's the difference between the Super Panty Dropper and the Chingaso Panty Dropper (or whatever the heck it's called)?

#8 ·
I couldnt tell you. Maybe full fuel and full boost. Not sure though. This is how I felt with my SRL and SPD tune. It just feels like the SPD tune gets all the power to the ground and just all out moves.

#9 ·
My truck with the SPD tune seems to release the boost differently too. Almost like a blow off valve. Do not ask how that would be possible but I have not heard my turbo surge. I guess I never really heard it either with the SRL though either.

#10 ·
Well if the SPD is faster than the SRL+, and the CPD is faster than the SPD, I'm gonna have to try the CPD tune out...

#19 ·
Those and a fuel system are next on my list as well as a gogo intake manifold.

#13 ·
You would have to ask Chris about the CPD. That may be used with injectables like nitrous or something too. I can't see that CPD being much faster than the SPD. Let us know then what he says is different about the CPD and SPD please.

#14 ·
Yea I wish Warren was around making injectors at the time I needed injectors. Instead i went with some minorly upgraded 70hp injectors from river city. Can really tell a difference with them with a stock tune. I have no clue what they do to them though because they flow 135mm and that is stock but they get 70hp somehow out of them. All I know is that they have a new edm nozzle. I wish I had 175's with stock nozzles though that would be sweet.

#15 ·
hey guys hate to tell ya but the "Chingaso Panty Dropper" doesnt exist. i was talkin with chris about it and nothing like that exist. he might make one, one of these days but for now its just either the super panty dropper with early lock up or the super without early lock up. if im wrong im sure chris will be on tonight to clarify if anyone needs it

#17 ·
Yea pretty sure they are stock body with a 30% over nozzle on them is what they are. They run pretty good in my truck that is for sure. Wish I would have went with some 155's or 180's right away.

#20 ·
I am running it with stock head bolts. He does have a mild panty dropper if you are skeptical of running the higher tune. You would have to ask him about it being safe for stock bolts. I told him I wanted him to send me the biggest tune he could and I believe that is what I got and I love it

#21 ·
id say no just because i ran this tune on stock bolts when i had my dually. the gaskets went pretty quickly! id stay with the mild one just to be on the safe side

#23 ·
he does do custom tuning for 7.3's also but its on a ts performance chip. give them a call and he can get you set up

#25 ·
yea so a lot more power then your other tunes I am guessing? So I was not lying when I made all of my reviews then.

#26 ·
i just got my tune so ill run it in a few days when i get my keys back and report the difference between his early lock up and the regular one i have now. (i left my keys back in my hometown on accident so thats why i gotta wait)

#27 ·
Is that the only difference in your new tune and the older tune is the earlier lockup in third?

#28 ·
rdunagan also got a few tweaks, the same ones i sent you today 3brorce. going to see if we made the mid range stronger without getting it to smokey. Ill be waiting to hear from you guys. If it makes that big of a difference maybe well call that Chingaso Panties haha. I really dont know if theres a reason to have 4 different race tunes honestly tho.

The mild panty dropper was made for the non studded trucks. Keep in mind any non studded 6.0 (even stock) can blow head gaskets, so there is no truly safe tune for one. However ive had a lot of guys run it and never have issues. Weve even had guys run the super panties tune without studs with good luck but that was at their own discretion. I think pizza pig is even running super panties and larger injectors without studs, maybe hell chime in. I in no way recommend this and headgasket integrity has more to do with if you got a flat set of heads from the factory or not than the tune.

#29 ·
Yup im running the super with 190's and stock head bolts... so far so good.

Maybe I shouldnt say that mainly because my trans took a dump today thanks to flaring on the 3-5 shift for so long...

Chris, I got the dreaded tow/haul flash today for the first time while talking on the phone with Doug @ GoGo :doh:

I STRONGLY advise anyone getting a 3-5 flare replace the direct drive solenoid ASAP... it wore out my clutch to the point that my trans needs a rebuild

#30 ·
ouch!!!!!! well atleast you know you will get a built tranny to handle the power now!

#31 ·
Sounds good. I wish I would have went bigger with injectors instead of the ones I got. This may get some smerks but I do not mind smoke really. I know it is unneeded but if you can get a little more power with some smoke why not. I hear ya about the shift flare. I may have to switch my solenoids around and see if I can swap my coast clutch solenoid with DC solenoid and see if that fixes my shift flare. I dont think I will notice a shift flare on coast haha and they are the same solenoid so I might give that a shot when I swap out my trans fluid one day. I dont know if the SPD can get any better than it already is but I cant wait to try it out. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.