Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

05 headlight conversion on an 01 xl?

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  airfish2011 
#1 ·
hey guys now that i got all the mechanical stuff pretty much buttoned up on my truck im going to start working on the cosmetics, and first on the list is an 05 headlight conversion if it can be done. im aware the xl's use halogen lamps so im sure the connectors are not the same at all, whats the solution to this and what all do i have to do to get the 05 headlights to fit/work? if someone has a writeup that would be best but i could not find one. thanks

#2 ·
bump. i ordered a set of harley davidson headlights and the conversion kit off ebay but i read after the fact that the conversion wont work on sealed beam halogen equipped vehicles but it doesnt specify why. what is different about the sealed beam trucks compared to composite headlight trucks beside the connectors? i can see that the headlight harness plugs into an adapter to run the halogens and im pretty sure if i take the adapter off, the plug will plug right into the conversion harness. any thoughts? headlights are on their way, should see them mid week so id like to figure it out before they get here. thanks

#4 ·
awesome thankyou soo much! im sitting here thinking i just wasted all this money on the lights and conversion kit but now i got a little peace of mind.

#6 ·
sweet thats what i like to hear. thanks again bud!

#8 ·
oh yeah thats a good idea, if for some reason the harnesses dont plug n play then that is definitely something ill try.

#10 ·
Did mine. Here's a couple of pictures:

Cut and ready to go:

and complete:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.