Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Gauge mounting pods opinions

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  SickStroke6.0 
#1 ·
Have insight CTS but want to view more than 5 at a time but I'm not liking the view with more pids and they're harder to read.

I'm looking at getting a new boost gauge at least for now and I like the a pillar handle on the driver side and not ready to give that up. Are my pod options only steering column and overhead or is there a pod that would fit under the handle?

And what gauge would be best 0-30 seems low since stock I'm almost doing 30 and would plan to go higher in the future but for now 0-60psi would seem to be to high.
:ford:

#2 ·
You can get an Autometer 3 gauge pod that mounts under the Radio - A/C controls. You can also get a one or two gauge pod that might fit below the handle on the pillar. Seems like a single pod would fit.

#3 ·
I wouldn't be opposed to getting a single pod pillar and cutting holes to mount the stock handle if needed but want to make sure it'll fit really

#4 ·
I was thinking the single pod might fit below the handle mount. You would only cut a hole for the gauge wires. If you got lucky and it fit.

#12 ·
I have a quad pod of DiPricol gauges on the pillar, and my CTS is mounted above the rear view mirror in an overhead pod! :D

#14 ·
I'll take some tomorrow, I just got the overhead pod installed yesterday.

#17 ·
Overhead pod, CTS adapter, and CS/CTS extension cable. And then I had to trim the inside of the pod a little to allow room for the giant cable. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.