Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Getting 200 miles to a tank on my 04 6.0 need help

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Blueoval2004 
#1 ·
Sometimes it will get 400 to a full tank other times it will only get 200 what could be the problem!!

#2 ·
Your right foot.......... just sayin. Do you get better mileage on a fresh oil change?

#4 ·
is it on the ground? mine normally goes the furthest on the top of the tank.

#5 ·
Something aint right at all there buddy. I get close to 500 if not more on my 38 gallon tank. Your eating fuel somewhere check your oil does it smell like fuel ?

#6 ·
Seems to me like your going uphill one way and down hill the other.

#7 ·
How many gallons per fillup. 1/4 of a tank on the gauge is a lot closer to half a tank gallon wise. At least on both of the trucks I've owned

#8 ·
My first inclination would be make sure your getting a full tank everytime. Take a look at your gauge before you fill up, and estimate how many gallons it should take. If your sitting at a quarter of a tank of fuel, and it takes 12 gallons till the pump clicks off, then your not getting a full tank. And it doesnt matter how much fuel I put in my truck, right after I fuel up, it always reads @ full. Sometimes I just put 100 dollars in at a little less than a quarter, and I know damn well it wont top it off, but my gauges still reads full for a good 40 miles.

#9 ·
I bealeave it's leaking into the oil, and from a quarter tank it will take 22 gallons to fill it up, and on a full tank on the high way I used to beable to go 438 miles on a full tank, all I have done to the truck I's straight pipe exhaust,cold air intake, Egr delete, and iv had the oil cooler replaced, the truck has 157,000 miles on it.

#11 ·
i agree with 06-sixoh. make sure you sending unit in the tank is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.