Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

gauge install lighting?

961 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  steelhorse08 
#1 ·
I saw the write up on diesel manor where it ties into the dimmer wire on the back of the switch. My thought was 3 gauges pulling light from that may pop the fuse. has anyone had any issue with that? Any way around it? i dont think you can run a relay with that as your signal wire as i dont 'think' you can modulate you a relay, it should either be on or off as I understand it......

#2 ·
Follow those step by step instruction for the gauge install and you will be fine. Mine have been wired that way for 7 years and no problems.

#3 ·
I have 5 wired off the dimmer switch, works great. Actually just tied my mirror running lights into the headlamp switch. That switch is handy.

#5 ·
has anyone used glowshift gauges. I can not get my gauges to remember the last color they were on. Has anyone else had this problem ? 1 gauge will always remember the color. sometimes the second. and then I have 2 that never remember it lol any help would be appreciated

#6 ·
Your switched and unswitched sources are reversed. switch the red and yellow wires. my instructions said that red is switched and yellow is constant. but when i hooked them up i had the same problem. i used yellow as switched and red as constant and mine work great.

#8 ·
but with mine all the gauges would do it. not just one. so im not sure whats up with yours. but id defentaly still try it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.