Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New to superduty, leveling kit and tire question

6K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  airfish2011 
#1 ·
I have a early 99 superduty F-350 crew cab long box 4x4. I need new tires before the snow flies, the front end of my truck is sagging a lot it looks like. I want to put a leveling kit in the front, what size/kind or kit would be best? Plus what would be the biggest size tire I could put on it with no fender rubbing? Thanks for any help. P.s. I want to post a picture of the truck, but have no clue on how to from my phone. Is there a way to do it?

#2 ·
alot of people have good luck from the 2.5 readylift kit. should bring it up level and clear 35s fine.

#4 ·
heres what the readylift looks like

if you want a level ride with a bit of factory rake still in it id go that way.

if you want a true level id research actual lift springs. a local shop owner around here told me 5 inch rancho lift springs will actually be about 3 for a diesel.

#5 ·
^^^ A lift like this is the best in my opinion, and you will need an adjustable track bar.
(people will say you dont but unless you like drivin with your axle off centered than I would get one)

Also your truck is an Early 99, in order to get that adjustable track bar to fit, you will need to drill out the lower track arm bracket and either drill out the upper bracket to, or you can replace it with one off a later model, and you will need the track arm bolts off the later model as well.

#6 ·
Has anyone ever put air bags on the front to help raise it? I can get a brand ne set for $175 that a buddy bought for his superduty, but then wrecked the truck before putting them on
Just wondering if that would be a option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.