Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Front- Limited Slip Differential on a Dana 50

14K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  bigblock_ford1969 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed a Limited Slip Differential in the Dana 50.

I have been looking at the Powertrax lock right locker:

Brand: Powertrax
Application: Ford Dana 50 front end
Carrier: Open (will not fit posi)
Part number: 2510
Axle splines: 30
Warranty: 1 year (manufacturing defects)

Thanks-
DR

#3 ·
limited slip sucks, i would go with locking differentials instead

#5 ·
oh okay

#7 ·
I have a Spartan locker in my D60 under the front of my wrangler, with the hubs locked you know its there but I have a rear spool so I can not really say what it feels like by its self. Years ago I had a Powertrax in the front of my Jeep before I went to the big axles and you could not even tell it was there, the stock axle had no hubs.

#9 ·
I have a lock-right (lunch box locker) in the front of my 42 willys. I like it but it would be nice to be able to unlock it in 4 wheel drive sometimes. it makes making tight corners very hard to make if avalable get an air locker or e-locker. lock-rights are just cheep open carrier spider gear replacement lockers. make sure to get a heavy duty cross pin with it.

#11 ·
If you drive in snow, its gonna get sketchy in the coners with a front locker.

This will be my first winter since I installed a spool in the front of my truck, with a Lock-right in the back.

I will only lock 1 hub but I do get some serious torque steer in 4x4. IDK how its gonna behave in the snow.....probly gonna be a handful

#12 ·
Im pretty sure that they make a Detroit True-trac for a D50. I have one in the back and love it, no noise, no clunks. A little pricey but worth it

#13 ·
I remember some time ago Diesel Power Mag did a write up on a D50 with a selectable locker. Cant remember if it was elec. or air. I'll check on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.