Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Swamps 175/146's vs Unlimited 160/30's

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  groomzybanshe 
#1 ·
After some talking and looking around i've found a couple injectors that seem to catch my eye. My 99.5 has right at 287k miles and the injectors are starting to show it. When i replace them it would be nice to have a little extra power but i'd don't want to have to need to put turbo, hpop, big fuel on it.

I think either would be a great upgrade but i'd like to know you guys who have ran either the swamps 175/146's or Unlimited 160/30's have to say about them

Thanks,
Todd

#3 ·
I have the swamps 175/146 single shot injectors with swamps tuning and love them. Nice power increase over stock.

#4 ·
I'd go with the unlimited ones. They least have new bigger nozzles on them. The swamps use stockers.

#9 ·
are both injectors single or double shots? I have been around a couple sets of swamps 175/146 double shots and they run great but probably not much of a power gainer. since they are double shots they use more oil than a stock HPOP can really keep up with. FWIW I love my swamps 150/146 singlke shots that are in my tow rig. and imagine a set of 175/146's would be just as good for towing and a little paying around.

I have never ran any of unlimited's injectors but haven't herd any thing bad about them. the fact that they have bigger nozzles will probably make them a little more powerfull (assuming they are both single shots)

#10 ·
I'm toying around with the same Issue. 240k on my x and have "3 sitcky" injectors. Have now Idea were to even start to look at aftermarket injectors. I'm with you I don't want to have the added cost of turbo....... etc. All the info from the guys is great

#11 ·
Unfortunately the budget looks like it will limit my prior plans so now i'm lookin at just goin with stage 1 165's from full force through DP so i can get the tuning included for free...

#12 ·
i loved my single shot 175/146 from swamps those things were sweet and were a very noticable improvment over stock ones... nice pg increase too. i got 2 mpg better with everything the same except the new injectors and tuningt o go with them.

#13 ·
Thanks for the input guys! I've been pretty busy lately and haven't got on here much but I got a good deal on a set of used one year old 175/30's that were swapped out for hybrids. I got them put in today. I got a ts chip burned with Cale's tunes. Wow I'm really surprised how well it runs and drives. It's very safe to say that the truck is so much nicer to drive with this tuning than the former tuning. I really like how the footfeed is no longer and on off switch. It's virtually smoke free now too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.