Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Auto Locking Hubs

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  HeavyAssault 
#1 ·
Kinda like the thought of the Auto function.....how ever they dont seem to lock unless I manualy lock them, then they stay engaged. Probally need some maintance. Was wondering what all to stock up on for parts before I tear into them. Or replace them with Warns ??? Thanks Dino

#7 ·
No issues with climate controls. I have the o ring that goes behind the hub. Getting laid off in a week or so. Will tear into it then...Dino

#8 ·
put a vacuum tester to the hubs and see if they hold that is an easy test

the ESOF valve near the pass battery can fail also but basically if your climate control doesn't default ti defrost your probably not looking for a vacuum leak

#10 ·
Found one hub that has failed internally.

Jack up one side, spin the tire, watch the front drive shaft/hub shaft, turn the hub from Auto to Lock back to Auto. Ideally when you spin the tire the front drive shaft and hub shaft should NOT turn in Auto. When you select Lock the front drive shaft and hub shaft should turn.

Remember to rotate the tire backwards to unlock the internal gears when going back to Auto during the check.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.