Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Back up light pictures?

5K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  mra4x4 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of there back up lights? Not sure if many people run them but we do a lot of loading and unloading of trailers etc at night so it seems like it would help. The only ones ive been able to find that look decent are the recon lights but didnt know if anyone had any other options. Looked on e bay but there were a lot of trailer mounted lights it seemed

#7 ·
thats what i am planning on doing as well is just having them on a switch. When I was trying to get my truck through inspection they were being dicks about the tag light ( no rear bumper) so I went to autozone and got one of there "led" fog lights to use as a tag light. well long story short, the light is really bright but they are very cheesy and built like ####. So I dont think they would be the best thing to use as a rear light

01 red crew- are those recon tails or the ones from ebay that are 120 something, what do you think about the quality,brightness etc of them

#8 ·
I had some of the rubber tractor style ones mounted flush with the bumper so they weren't too ugly under there. With a lifted truck you could hide em pretty well.
Ran a single pole double throw switch with a relay so the switch was on-off-on with reverse lights.
I liked the tractor lights just for the sake of them not breaking, but if you don't offroad or anything like that you could probably use something a little better looking.

#9 ·
I have a small set of cheap fog lights from o'reilys that i mounted to the hitch on my bronco, and i wired up a toggle on the dash. They work great for backing up plus its great having them on a switch so you can turn them on and see what you are doing when you are hooking up in the back.

#11 ·
55W lights run though a 30A relay.. snow banks wont wipe them out and they light up just like low beam headlights

#12 ·
55W lights run though a 30A relay.. snow banks wont wipe them out and they light up just like low beam headlights
That's a clever install. I like the way you did that.

I have IPF utility/back up lights recessed into my rear Fab Fours bumper. Very clean install, but of course that is in an after market bumper so that doesn't necessarily do you any good unless you go with an aftermarket bumper. However, I run these lights on all my trucks since my tint is usually really dark, and these lights help me see really well. They also have a three way switch so I can have them come on automatically with the reverse lights, or I can turn them on manually when I want to have light behind the truck and I'm not in reverse. They aren't the cheapest light out there, but they are made very well and you probably won't have many (if any) issues with them. Plus they are really bright.

#16 ·
i got them at a truck stop about 4 years ago..I dont remember the brand name..there is a bracket with a small stud on the back side of the light..drilled a hole and put the nut in from the fender well side

#21 ·
I had the KC Hilite [#517?] backup light set on my old truck, mounted in the holes at outside/under corners of the rear bumper. REALLY miss them on the new truck - will soon add them, perhaps where 01redcrew mounted his. I considered the whitenight.com, which mounts around a frame-mounted 2" hitch, which puts two H3 halogens back there with a 'manual' switch for use when not in reverse, but I have a big plug mount welded to the hitch frame close to the 2", preventing use of the whitenight. If you have room around your hitch, it looks like a good, clean option.

#22 ·
Tractor flood lights from wallyworld $12 ea....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.