Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

300cc 200% + GT4202R?

9K views 71 replies 12 participants last post by  kbmkviii 
#1 ·
What turbine housing should i use with the GT4202R with 300cc 200% for occasional tow (long distance) with light driving duties? 1.15? or bigger?

#2 ·
what about a s400?

#4 ·
some towing and weekend driver.

#6 ·
some racing and no sled pulling.

#8 ·
cant you buy the billet wheel for the 4202?

#9 ·
If you whant billet buy the GTX4202R.. I am not shure if you can buy JUST the wheel,, I think they are a little differnt in size..

Far what you would like to do.. Go with easer the 1.01 Exhaust housing. For the biggest you would whant to go would be the 1.15. BUT that could tend to be a little laggy.

You would want to put a waste gate in the mix to. nomatter what housing you go with..

#10 ·
what size wg would be right for this injector trubo combo?

#11 ·
and the exh housing will be .98

#12 ·
I would go with no smaller then a 44mm waste gate. AND that could tend to be a little on the small side. 46 would be a better choice or a 50mm one..

Precision makes a .98 A/R housing that would go good with that turbo..

#14 ·
it is a precision .98 . any reccomendations on who to get a wg through?

#13 ·
You could run a 38r with a 44mm waste gate and 1.15 housing I make 578 hp with my set up no lag at all

#16 ·
will i have much room to mount it or will i have to do some massaging with the bfh on the firewall?

#17 ·
You will have to do some beating to get it in there.. BUT you could also run the waste gate pipe, Out to the waste gate then back into the down pipe..

#18 ·
i like this idea. ill be giving jake a call tomm to see what he reccomends for the wg. i have other parts to get from him already so that works great.

#20 ·
i will but the hardest part is making a parts pile that just sits there when you want to rip old pieces off the truck and put the goodies on! my build should be done by january... just in time to sit in the garage. heres the plan, i already have bts building my trans but the turn around is three weeks plus shipping time, got the headers, mount, oil lines and turbo headed here in mid november, srp1 replacing adr (up for sale soon), vs, pr, hs (yet to buy), rear diff, hpop guage, waste gate, spearco ic (6.0 ic up for sale soon), and already have a vendor who is getting me the injectors.
one thing i need to address is the turbo outlet pipe for the 4202r and the manifold intake y. know where to get these?
like i said, parts pile lol.

#21 ·
where can i get the turbo outlet for the turbo and the 3" intake Y pipe that will fit?

#23 ·
good deal. thanks for the help. ill keep this thread posted as parts come in with pics.

#24 ·
can you buy just the gtx4202r compressor wheel? i have not been able to find it yet.

#25 ·
That I am not shore of.. But one thing to keep inmind is the fact that the GTX4202R comp wheel is bigger then the GT4202R comp wheel..

So the GTX4202R wheel will only fir the GTX4202R turbo..

#26 ·
what about comp housing swap with wheel?

#28 ·
It might work.. The best way to find out would be to call Garrett themselves. They would now the best..

So are you guys having luck with your GT4294R's lasting? I put one on a CR Cummins with some small 90hp tips and it was trashed in one month? Truck dynoed at 620hp with 52lbs of boost. It worked great....Just didn't last.

Maybe just a DUD charger from the get go...

Although...the S400 that replaced it runs way cooler, dynos ~same HP, @ less boost, costs 1200 less, and has been on for a year.

Sorry to highjack the thread....just giving a different opinion.
The GT4294Rs are a good turbo.. just not ment for that kind of boost. at 52 psi you had it out of the map and the turbo was spinning faster then it should have been.. that would cause them to go to pieces..

#27 ·
So are you guys having luck with your GT4294R's lasting? I put one on a CR Cummins with some small 90hp tips and it was trashed in one month? Truck dynoed at 620hp with 52lbs of boost. It worked great....Just didn't last.

Maybe just a DUD charger from the get go...

Although...the S400 that replaced it runs way cooler, dynos ~same HP, @ less boost, costs 1200 less, and has been on for a year.

Sorry to highjack the thread....just giving a different opinion.

#29 ·
They are indeed good turbos, ill most likely install more. what pressure do psd's see that are heavily fueld running them

#33 ·
Over 50!!! LOL LOL LOL BUT they will and do go bad at this range. So most guys put a waste gate on them to keep drive pressure down. AND boost down..

AND it all depends on the Exhaust housing you have on the turbo to. Get on Garretts sight and see what the compressure map shows for a pressure ratio. 50 PSI is spinning the tubo WAY to fast and all you are doing is over heating the air doing that!!!!

good news is i just found out the billet wheel that is in the turbo should outflow the gtx4202r!
What Turbo did you go with??? Do you have a link to the sight that sells it? I would like to take a peak at the compressure map and specs..

#30 ·
the one i got coming has the billett wheel! this upgraded wheel has better flow charecteristics right?

#31 ·
or is it higher lb/min?

#32 ·
good news is i just found out the billet wheel that is in the turbo should outflow the gtx4202r!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.