Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Has anyone wired upfitters in a 99?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  novakid69 
#1 ·
Yes I've searched, and searched and searched. I have all my pieces but fall short when it comes to wiring schematics, amps, ohms all that stuff. I know it's not plug n play getting them into the fuse box. Im sure someone has done this.

#2 ·
I know someone has??? I read once before you pull something, splice something...

#4 ·
Thanks Man.

#8 ·
Here you go fellas:

1.Remove radio & large cover across dash, glove box, & lower center section (where trash hook & cupholders are). You will have to trim the dash a little for a proper fit. If keeping original, refer to rwilimo's write-up to modify it for upfitters.
2.Upfitter relays mount above glove box on pass. side. One hole will have to be drilled in the metal framework.
3.Run harness across dash towards main fuse box connecting ground as you go.
4.Locate white connector with 2 wires (grn/org & org) on the back of the fuse box that matches the upfitter. Unplug & remove both pins. Remember which slots they came from.
5.Remove ltblue/rd (illumination) and vlt/org (power) pins from upfitter connector & transfer 2 factory wire into original locations. Plug connector back in.
6.Tap the illumination wire into same color behind headlight switch by extending it. Extend power wire and connect to Customer Access Wire or CAW (wht/ltblue blunt wire in middle of dash by the blinker relay).
7.Turn key on & test switches & blunt wires for power. Light on switches should come on & blunt wires should have power when up. Turn on dash lights to make sure illumination is working. On powerstrokes, all fuses should be in box already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.